IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a great friend that works at Subaru. Before the STI came out he with everyone else in the dearlership got sent down to Arizona to test and learn about the STI. He said they hired a ton of English race car drivers... They drove te car soooooooo hard, he also said he's never been scared like that in his life, and I've seen him take his bike up to 140... He explained that in the first 5 minutes they were already going 70 mph sideways into a turn... The cars that had more that 20 miles on it, he says, were the ones that were used. There were arouund 25+, EVERY COLOR. So I'm imagining breaking in is less of a concern for Subaru? MY dealer told me that this car is ALREADY broken in, and I let him drive it, and he took it up to 6000 the first day. My car is now at 1300, and has never worked better. Why 4000? I don't understand why that would change anything if it was at 6000. Everything is still running in proportion, the intake valves, exaust, blah blah... It's is still running, the only reason they said at 4000 is because if they said anything lower, no one would buy it, 4000 is the minimum you can afford to go, I mean try a day just going to 3000, doesn't work huh? My car has a good warranty, and that's what it's there for. Trust me, I baby my car just like the next guys, but has anyone directly had any problems with post-breaking in period, when they didn't do it properly??? You should read the other funny stuff tey say about what to do about the car... That absolutley NO ONE does! Thank you guys... Appreciate it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is this the car you or your parents bought? (never got the response from your other post)

Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 02:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im under 18, don't matter though, i bought one so thx anyways BLACK WIT GOLD

·
Registered
316 Posts
Make Me Feel Better bout' STI!!!
Goto page 1, 2 Next
ImprezaWRXSTi.Com Forum Index » General » STi General

ss3homer
STi Expert Driver

Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 09:08 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can some people give me some reason why an Sti would be much better that any EVO? I kinda have an affair with the EVO right now and I want to get rid of this betrayal right away!

Hello! I smell something? Whats that smell??--Sin52

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys, I was very tired... Anyways, I did buy the Sti. I am under 18, I don' know why I'm saying it, and I'm paying for it. For those who asked. Anyways, STI's were sent to Arizona for testing, for salesmen. The people, I HEARD, that got a good price, under MSRP, are driving the STIs that were drvien VERY hard in Phoenix. Has anyone else heard anything about this??? Sorry for the confusion guys!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and BTW, I said make me feel better about it, before I got the STI. But I did, later, get one. Sorry again Sin!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
No, the people who got a good price are not the ones who got those STi's, the people who bought cars with 300 miles on them are the ones who got those STi's.... and I imagine that's only the case if they bought one of the first ones out there.... if at all. My guess is that the training cars never made it to a showroom floor.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
kencav said:
This whole thread is somewhat worrisome
this whole thread kinda doesnt sound right. Its not like they cant warranty anything that goes wrong since they didnt "break it in"... although I find it kinda fishy that they'd sell abused cars, but *shrug* my had around 7 miles or so, so I have no worries. That and if they are broken in before hand (like you said), then waht does it matter?

Robert~

·
Registered
57 Posts
The cars subaru uses for training they use for tech training, go to magazines and car shows and eventually get crash tested.

I work for a manufacturer and can accurately say this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope you guys just understand that I am just passing on info that I got. Sorry, just thought you guys should know! But how did some people get it for invoice, then some for MSRRP, and not really any in between???

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
this thread needs to be closed and re-written to clarify the questions correctly!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
ss3homer said:
I hope you guys just understand that I am just passing on info that I got. Sorry, just thought you guys should know! But how did some people get it for invoice, then some for MSRRP, and not really any in between???
Because some people aren't as good at making a deal as others.

What do you think salesmen DO?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts