Timeslips
---------
•12.7 @ 108mph - Stage 2 Cobb OTS

-Foo

Attachments

See less See more
#233 ·
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - AMS 750r ordered

A great alternative to the KillerB, is ETS' equal length. They may have some in stock, but you would have to get it direct from them. A car we put one on made boat loads of torque with a 35R, more than my old motor made and more than my current motor makes.

#234 ·

A great alternative to the KillerB, is ETS' equal length. They may have some in stock, but you would have to get it direct from them. A car we put one on made boat loads of torque with a 35R, more than my old motor made and more than my current motor makes.
I was literally just about to ask you in a PM which headers are 2-bolt. Preferably JDM because im kinda a whore like that.

I just googled the ETS unit, and although it does look like a quality piece, i dont really want the ETS name in my build. Ive never shopped with them and prob never will (nothing against them).

#236 ·

Well I canceled my killer b header order. Some things are worth waiting for and others arent.

I was searching all night for 2 bolt headers that are preferably jdm and got lucky and came across the fujitsubo. This will be perfect for me. Mark at RavSpec has one in stock I think so I shot him a pm.

Honestly, the design of the killer b looks like they took a lot from what fujitsubo already had out way before so I have confidence it'll perform at top level. Plus its 200 cheaper and comes with a heat shield of some sort. And the flanges that mate to the motor are awesome.

I'm heading home now to wait for UPS because my AMS kit needs a signature. Pics soon to follow

#238 · (Edited)
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - AMS 750r Arrived!

Just opened up the turbo, it is a 5858..... im a bit thrown off now

EDIT: Eric did email me back right away saying this is the correct turbo they have been using in all their 750r kits. He said the turbo is underrated on precisions website

#240 ·
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI

I'd say no. It's unequal length and nothing special. I personally am not on the JDM bling bandwagon.

What about Full-Race, Perrin, or Invidia? If you're going to go big with this build (it looks like you are, especially if you do a v-mount!) you should NOT even consider unequal length headers.

#241 ·

I don't consider jdm being a bandwagon. Everything quality was made it Japan and copied in America. Subaru had stock twin scroll setups in Japan long before American company's started to copy the design. Jdm Subaru had tgvless design before we started doing tgv removal mods or selling tgv deletes. Name an American rim that's better lighter and stronger than a forged Japanese rim?

And you mention equal length being better that unequal length (which I completely agree with you) however which market used equal length stock and which market didn't? Yup, you guessed it, Japan.

I do agree with you tho that this header is not for me. If Mark doesn't reply back today, Japan parts has this header in stock and said they can ship within a week of me ordering it. So by the end of today I'll pull the trigger either thru RavSpec or Japan parts

#242 ·

Well, Mark has logged in once or twice since i sent him a PM and theres been no reply. considering ive spent over 10,000 with him and wanted to continue that business but cant get a response , i will no longer be buying anything from ravspec.

Just ordered the exhaust manifold from japanparts.com. plus it was cheaper even after i estimated a duty tax and handling fee (which people keep saying there is one when importing parts from japan yet ive never had to pay one when ordering thru japanparts.com or when i bought my jdm headlights from japan).

#243 ·

Had a little time to work on the car today

i pulled the AC system out and just threw it in the trash. i hate selling parts so anything i dont have to sell i wont. I also loosened the intake manifold so tomorrow ill pull that and the tgvs off.

i also got the rear bumper off and bumper beam. The beam also made its way into the garbage

other than that, hopefully tomorrow i can either drop the entire rear end and fuel tank or remove the turbo, exhaust manifold and uppipe. im so close yet so far away lol but i do see the light at the end of the tunnel to atleast have the car started and running. Then ill worry about aesthetics

honestly i must say tho, the most fun ive had with this car thus far is tearing everything off. its so much more enjoyable then building a nice daily driver or show car, wish i never had those intentions in the first place and would have saved a lot of money and time and gotten a lot further into this build

#247 ·

So i dont know what i did in a previous life that has made me so lucky but this morning i text a picture of my turbo kit to a buddy i havent seen in a few months and told him where i got it from. He replies, "you know our close friend from highschool is their welder right?"

My heart skipped a beat, im like "na i didnt?!?!"

turns out my buddy welded my kit for me, and is now going to do my rollcage. I feel like a little kid on xmas morning right now. None of the parts ive ever ordered have given me the same joy of knowing that a friend from my past is now a freakin rembrandt with welding and is willing and eager to jump into my project with me.

im at a loss for words at the moment, gonna go wrench on the car!!

#249 ·

I should have passed on this car lol EVERYTHING is rusted. but the accomplishment will feel that much greater when shes making jaws drop

i just removed the turbo, uppipe, and exhuast mainfold. Turbo is already sold and shipped

Could tell there used to be an aftermarket manifold on there because the connection to the motor had exhaust paste on it and heat shields were missing. Ill prob give the header away for free and sell the uppipe. heres how she sits

still working on the inside a bit too

Also, my Bride FIA seat bracket finally arrived!

Tomorrow ill work on dropping the rear end and gas tank

#252 ·
Re: Foo_Blyat's GDB Track Build

I wish I had my own garage where I could have the car standing around like yours :(
I need a heater because its -17°C right now and feels even colder. Couldn't work on the car.

Hey......I remember what that bay looked like....familiar when I was doing this. Can't wait to see that nice Fujitsubo JDM goodness :)
I think I'm.going to pull the motor and drop the trans so its a roller for the cage and get it painted right away. I can put the turbo onto the motor while its on a stand in the meantime.

I'm also dying to get shipping confirmation on the fujitsubo. I don't want to email them because I feel like a pest so I'm just trying to be patient. I emailed another company before having placed my order and they said the fujitsubo has now been discontinued. So I may be getting one of the last ever made. :D

#257 ·
Re: Foo_Blyat's GDB Track Build

It looks like a catch can by the strut bar at the top with three clear hoses coming out of it next to "o".

Cusco coolant overflow with radiator cap on the side by the oil fill cap.

And then another big tank thing under " u". I think it's the tomei custom oil catch tank with 3 clear hoses connected to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.