141 - 160 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - Getting Ready For Paint

Looking to get a 30r kit.

Any recommendations.

Don't want to deal with AMS or Perrin however.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #144

i was thinking 30r at first but decided on the CP35r, i havent pulled the trigger yet but i did send a pm to start the process.

Im going to run it conservatively on my stock long block untill it blows, then ill build a new motor

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #145

Anyone happen to have a good link to an ABS relocation thread aswell as fuse box?

Im going to move the battery, washer fluid res, and fuse box out lof the engine bay, as well as the ABS unit.

Not going for a full shave and tucked bay but cleaner than stock

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #146

Progress is slow, i have a few projects going on at the same time and lack of proper tools + every bolt being rusted, seized, or snapping is putting a damper in getting this car stripped quickly.

To resolve some of those issues, i picked up this bad boy from sears

Paired it with this impact gun

And now im rocking full blast. This combo was able to bust out the rear subframe bolts with ease, all while raining down massive amounts of rust, dust, dirt, etc from the bolts.

Im convinced this car sat in a junk yard or something for a while, the amount of rust under the car is ridiculous. Or maybe its just literally from living in the god awful midwest...

Im in the middle of shopping for a brand new home as well so i might start looking at places out of state that never get their roads salted.

Heres how she sits right now.

Im still waiting on my local harbor freight to get a 1 ton shop crane in so i can pull the motor. The trans im dropping after dinner.

I just paid for these items from Killer B

Those items will be ideal on my motor build. Pieces of that will start getting sourced here one by one.

My major next concern is 35r and fuel.

the plan is

CP35r full kit
Aeromotive fuel rail kit
EFI logics fuel lines from tank to engine bay
Fullblown dual pump hanger
ID 1300cc injectors
Cosworth Intake Manifold
top feed deleted tgvs

e85

on stock longblock till it pops, then i already have a build plan with EFI for the new motor.

Car should be heading out of state to get painted in the next two weeks, i think his shop is almost completed

·
Registered
64 Posts

Never saw this thread, glad I found it. Epic. Awesome work and direction. LOVE IT!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

Cant believe its been two years.

I ended up buying a foreclosure with cash and gutted the entire house and remodeled top to bottom myself so the car was put on hold.

shes been patiently sitting in the garage and finally its her turn again for the spot light. I'll be picking up right where i left off. I want to quickly gather all my parts and send this car off by winter.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

killer b 3 piece combo oil pan, baffle, and pick up

just paid for my aeromotive top feed fuel rail kit with lines and fpr. ordering injectors, tumbler deletes, and some other pieces by the weekend

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #152

start of the fuel system

sourcing some other parts seems to be more difficult these days than when i first started this project. TSS Fab is not taking orders due to a warehouse expansion and i really need their front sub frame.

Killer B is 3 months backed up on making their holy header and i really wanted to buy their 2 bolt flange header today but cant find anyone with a leftover in stock. About to pull the trigger on a CP35R, hopefully they still make the kits because at this point i wouldnt be surprised to hear they are on massive back order, out of business, or the kits are discontinued or something lol

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - Build Back in Full Force

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - Build Back in Full Force

I picked up a new daily driver so the Subaru will be taking a different direction then I previously aimed for

I'm going to gut the entire interior . if anyone's interested in the front seats or carpet/door cards/rear seat dvd screen etc let me know.

She'll be caged out with a lot less bling items and more safety/go fast oriented without getting too involved in religious track racing

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - Stripping/Selling The Interior

Man, the Subaru market sure aint what it used to be. Can't even get anyone interested in my bride seats.

I think I'm.going to call some shops and see if I can trade my seats to them for a custom welded in roll cage. I doubt it'll work but I think I have a better chance trading them then selling them.

I recycled most of the plastic interior pieces and threw away all the trunk pieces.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - Stripping/Selling The Interior

Anyone interested in my red interior light conversion? Would need to swap HVAC and what not

141 - 160 of 458 Posts