10,687 Posts
Re: Foo_Blyat's GDB Track Build

What about LiC Motorsports rear flares?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #364

I'm sold. They are a bit too "bubbley" but waaaayyyyy better than the Karlton flares

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #365

has anyone had any dealings with PTP? i got tracking on the 28th and still just shows "label created"... dont get how hard it is to send some heat wrap and a turbo blanket

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #366

Those arrive tomorrow and I'll start my turbo install.

I also decided to sell my fenders and varis side skirts and get varis widebody f/r fenders and side skirts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #367 (Edited)

Varis side skirts sold instantly. Also the turbo blanket and heatwrap arrived. I didnt have time to wrap my header and uppipe because of a lot of running around but ill do that tomorrow.

I also got these bad boys

i only wanted the bezels so i could use the driver side as an intake duct and the passenger side for an oil cooler but could only buy them as a compete set so i listed the fogs and brackets for sale.

My manifold and a bunch of brackets are in powder coat, those should be done and ready for pickup on monday and i can install my fuel rails and do all the lines for them.

I noticed on my Aeromotive kit they have one side of the rail take -8an and the other side take -6an. is that proper or should i do both in and out of the rails in -8an and then from the FPR back to the cell in -6?

Also, do you guys feed -8an to the front and return from the back? i was thinking feed them from the back since its closet to the firewall and then return from the front to the FPR and then to the cell.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #368

forgot to mention, now that my brembos are off, im super tempted to list them, the stock rotors, the brand new stoptech rotors, and the stoptech pads for sale and order up an AP racing big brake kit front and rear....

i know 100% ill eventually do that but im hesitant right now because i know ill lose money on those brand new pads, rotors and lines ;/

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

From experience, do it the best you can. Otherwise you keep spending.
I'd go AP now. You may get more money for those new lines and pads.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #371

I listed the brand new power slot front and rear rotors. We'll see how it goes. Also listed my brembos. Big brake kit will be ordered sometime at the end of this month.

i need to clear room in my photobucket so all the parts i have sold off will be deleted from the album and ill have to go thru the beginning of this thread and edit out some of the posts and images to clear up space.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

I listed the brand new power slot front and rear rotors. We'll see how it goes. Also listed my brembos. Big brake kit will be ordered sometime at the end of this month.

i need to clear room in my photobucket so all the parts i have sold off will be deleted from the album and ill have to go thru the beginning of this thread and edit out some of the posts and images to clear up space.
I use imgur for hosting and its been great if you need more space

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #373

So i went thru the beginning of the thread and edited out all the "show build" posts and part pictures that have no been sold off. That way its not confusing or crowded. Also cleared all the pictures out of my photobucket and its now at 12% full so plenty of room to finish off my track build pictures.

Got2boostit2 was kind enough to then go thru the thread and delete the posts i edited out. I greatly appreciate him taking the time to do that for me!

I have been sick since monday with an extremely powerful flu. High fever, body aches, the whole works but havent had time to rest because of selling items and having to ship them immediately due to people not wanting to wait on their purchases. Its understandable and i love a challenge. So since i havent been resting i decided i can atleast put a few minutes towards the car here and there between dying on the couch lol

The entire rear subframe, lateral links, control arms, and hubs are now dropped off the car.

Gotta yank it out from underneath the car and bust out the blow torch to knock everything loose. Ill be throwing the rear subframe away and most likely the control arms too. ill consider listing the lateral links for the chance some wrx owner or something wants them.

I also got my brake booster delete bracket in from Pw jdm.

I was going to order from chase bays but those guys are a huge rip off and they use a wilwood master cylinder which when i google tilton vs wilwood EVERYONE always says tilton.

They wanted $215 for their kit, i got the pwjdm bracket for $62 and about to order a tilton 75 series 7/8 master cylinder for $89 so that comes out to $151 for a better setup than chase bay's $215. with the 64$ i saved, im putting that towards a tilton brake bias adjuster that ill mount inside the cabin.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #374

Looks like ill be buying new rear knuckles. Ive spent 6 hours blow torching on and off , hitting them with a hammer , swearing lol and they still wont come apart. throwing in the towel and going to source some used ones. ill see if i can salvage the hubs atleast

·
Registered
591 Posts

what is your plan for aero?

I know those knuckle bolts suck, have you tried soaking them for a few days? any way to get them off the subframe then get that mess to a press and see if that helps??

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #376

i have a bunch of updates but im just quickly going to post one before i go out for my birthday

unfortunately i cant thread any bolts in because the guy didnt plug the holes with bolts so theres some powdercoat right on the start of the threads but my buddy is coming by and will clean that up for me

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #378

Happy Bday!! and that looks sharp.
Thank you! My hairline turned 45 today but I'm now 30 lol

The guy who did the powder coat at AMS said this is is all time new favorite color. It looks black at night, dark blue indoors, and pops bright sparkly blue in the sun. I'm.going to get the car painted the same color.

I got a bunch of other brackets done in black too. More pictures tomorrow

361 - 380 of 458 Posts