IW STi Forum banner

321 - 340 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Re: Foo_Blyat's GDB Track Build

This chick did more damage than I thought.

At first I thought it was just this on the door

Then I got in the car to drive and heard air whistling thru the door. So got out and saw the door is pushed a few inches out at the top

So decided to check the hinge. Noticed damage inside the door and on the door jam and on the fender as well

Really puts a bummer on owning a new car. It had 5 miles on the dash when I got it 4 months ago :/

But for good news, intake manifold is in my buddies hands and he's going to start shaving it tomorrow. He's going to send me pics of the progress.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #322

So I just got back from AMS. My buddy gave me a behind the scenes tour of the facility while the doors were locked for lunch . Don't think a single car was under $120,000 lol. That shop is insane. But all the employees were freakin cool as hell. Got to meet all the welders and fabricators. We all had beards so I felt right at home lol

I gave them a bunch of rusty brackets to sand blast and powder coat like the ones that hold the ends of the tbar, the studs for the top of the rear differential, the side mounting brackets for the differential, and the rear tail light/bumper mounting brackets .

I worked on the car a little bit more yesterday but everything in the rear end is seized and rusted shut. I can't pull the bolt out that holds the lateral links to the knuckle. So then I tried to loosen the bolt that holds the trailing arm to the knuckle but that wouldn't budge either. So I'm now just going to undo the ebrake cables and brake lines and unbolt the trailing arms from the frame and drop the entire rear subframe together with hubs knuckles rotors calipers and worry about separating them once it's off the car.

More pics to follow

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Yep, I use heat and a air hammer on that son of a bitch bolt. Works but takes time, such a shame.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #324

Quick question, I got all new cap head bolts for the suspension to knuckle connection. I forgot that some the holes are bigger for camber bolts. If I have cambet plates front and rear do I still need to use camber bolts?

·
Registered
899 Posts

I kept my camber bolts after I put in the camber plates.
But at the Alignment Shop we only adjusted the camber via the Plates and left the camber bolts on the setting they were from the last alignment (I'm running -1°50" on each side at the front, so not that agressive).

Shop guy was super happy because it's so much easier to adjust the camber via the plates :D

I'd just keep the camber bolts to be more flexible with the setup.
Replacing them with normal bolts and then figuring at the alignment shop you need the camber bolts back in because you lack adjustment via the plates would make you work twice.

edit:
sorry man, I kinda did not answer your question. It's late over here.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #326

8 bolts were $45, and that was with a %15 discount that the employee gave me because he enjoyed shooting the shit with me about cars.

I unfortunately already threw away my camber bolts because they were SOOOOOOO rusted and beat up. Im just worried that the reg bolts will allow movement

Does anyone know if this setup will work

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #327

I think I'll ask my buddy to make some sleeves so the knuckle can't move on the thinner bolt.

I also plan to list my AST's and get cusco zero 3xs

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #329

When I was 18 the first car I owned and bought myself was my 2005 white sti. The first mod I bought were zero 2r coilovers. I loved those things and no cars ever handled as well as it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #332

:lol:

is that way they say? or "its point and shoot".

Hey jason what do you think about the camber bolt issue. will the camber shift if the bolt is skinnier than the tunnel thru the knuckle?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #334

well that makes me feel slightly better but i sent the picture to my buddy and asked if someone at the shop can make me a sleeve for reassurance.

also, im going to pull all the hard brake lines out of the car and go with flexible line. any recommendations? and i know i know, "soft line flexes and requires more maintence and blah blah blah"

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #335

Just got shipping confirmation from Japan parts!!!!! Super excited, wasn't expecting that for a month or two

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #337

Cool!

Pics or it didn't happen. ;-)
You won't have to wait long, it arrives tomorrow :eek:

I swear it's faster getting stuff shipped from Japan than it is getting stuff shipped from inside the US .

Also, I listed my gauges and within 15 minutes had a buyer for cash pick up. I'll remove them today but I might get cold feet on the sale. Don't know what it is about these damn defis but they seem to be the most prize possession on my car. I could literally sell my turbo kit without hesitation but when it comes to the defis I'd rather cut off a finger lol

Also, someone local is supposed to.be coming to purchase my carbon fiber hood today. He seemed like a very serious buyer but its hard to tell these days. I'll keep my fingers crossed

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #338

gauges have been removed

Will pull the wiring and sensors off next.

I asked my buddy about making me a swirl pot because i wanted to start my fuel system and order fuel line and he had a bunch of russell pro 2 line that he tossed me.

Ill also be able to use it to measure how much return line ill need to order

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #339

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Its funny, bulletproof was $300 more expensive and their reasoning was "we handle all the import fees and duty tax"..... yea, well, i ordered from japanparts for $300 cheaper and there WAS NO taxes or fees. Shops are so full of shit lol

btw this thing is half the weight of my carbon fiber hood that i sold yesterday. I can lift this thing with my pinky. My sparco hoodpins arrive tomorrow and i want to get some grommets/spacers to put on the mounting hinges to arch the hood up a little and let heat flow out easier.

I already ordered a KSTech aluminium scoop delete yesterday for this thing

321 - 340 of 458 Posts