Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - Third Times The Charm

You Can Find My Old 2005 AW STI Journal here

and My Old 2007 UGM STI Build here

Just a quick catch up on Me, I bought my first STI in 05, then traded it in for an 07 STI which i didnt keep long and sold before 08. I then left the Subaru scene but always wanted to come back and go all out on a project.

After 4 years I finally decided to pull the trigger and snagged up a 2005 CGM sti in "meh" condition last summer. Car had 92,000 miles and 6...... yes.... 6, previous owners. I figured if i didnt take this girl and save her it wouldnt be long before someone popped the motor and she ended up as just spare parts. There were dings on the hood and fenders, all doors and rear panels. Rear bumper was starting to peal and there was a cheap spray job on the driver side which had overspray on the trim. However the motor was running strong, clutch, trans, and diff seemed great. and the interior was mint. Got the car for $13,000 which i think was a great deal considering the body stuff didnt bother me because i knew i was going custom paint on the car.

The Car came with a perrin downpipe, perrin VTA BOV, SPT cbe, black rattle can bbs, v-limited replica front lip, 07 tails, cobb shift knob, tints, and everything else was stock. It ran funky with the Perrin BOV , stage 2, and no engine management so i knew those things had to be addressed first and foremost and those issues would be gone instantly.

The original plan for the car was a show/street monster but mid build I decided I wanted a real man's car and started stripping it out for a track build.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Once i decided i was going to start a new Members Journal for my build, i knew the most important and very first mod would have to be a decent camera so i can take some good pictures for you guys...

jumped on ebay and snagged up this Nikon D90 which should suit me very well for taking good point and click pictures.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Some engine bling items

Prova Sports 1.3 Bar Radiator Cap

Prova Black Oil Filler Cap

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I wanted a louder exhaust that not a lot of people had so i replaced the SPT that came on the car with a Tomei Expreme Ti Titanium Catback Exhaust and 3 KartBoy Exhaust Hangers

(sorry cant find any pictures at the moment but will post new cleaned up ones later)

Did some maintenance and changed the oil with Motul X-cess 8100 5w40 , Purolator Synthetic Oil Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, and a FilterMag oil filter magnet.

I changed the trans fluid to Motul Gear300 and replaced the bolt i stripped and the two washers

and last but not least, the rear diff got some Motul PA90

I also added a Walbro 255 Fuel Pump at this time

(no picture)

Once the car was refreshed i decided to hit Great Lakes Dragway before the season was coming to a close

With crappy tires and an OTS cobb stage 2 map, i was able to run a 12.7 @ 108mph launching at 4600. Car at this point had 96,000 miles on the motor.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ravspec hooked me up with these bad boys

·
Registered
19 Posts

Not that I haven't seen all these pictures... But the car looks dope bro, its given me the mod bug!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Some meaty tires from tirerack to go with the new rims

255/35/18 RE-11s

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Turn In Concepts STi Super Shifter Set. I also went to subaru and got a new trim piece since the one on the car is worn down and a lot of black is showing through the silver

I'll be going back to subaru for a new Reverse Lock out as well because the previous owner chewed that up when he installed and uninstalled whatever shortshifter was on the car before

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Import Image Racing hooked up an authentic Cusco Lip with super fast shipping

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Re: Foo_Blyat's 05 CGM STI - Parts Just Keep Showing Up, MOAR CF!! 3/1/13

Loving this journal! I remember following your journal for your 2007 STi back in 2006, it heavily influenced what parts I chose for my own car. I am glad to see that you are back in an STi and I am looking forward to your updates!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Loving this journal! I remember following your journal for your 2007 STi back in 2006, it heavily influenced what parts I chose for my own car. I am glad to see that you are back in an STi and I am looking forward to your updates!
This made my day, thanks for taking the time to post!

Got a bunch of stuff coming in monday but something i snagged off ebay showed up early today =D

Project Kics R26 Neo Chrome Lug Nuts

Had to do a lil mock test fit to see how the neo chrome would look on matte black rims

$180 shipped brand new. Only took two days to arrive as well, super fast!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

Back then you Chicago guys (Nandanrp, Fullerton, Snorky, MKturbo) were the guys to follow and had great journals. It is refreshing to see after all this time that you still have the same mindset when it comes to modifications (clean and subtle, sticking to the little details) as you had back then and its cool to see these parts that were desirable back then still making their way onto these STi's. I guess its just an inspiration to me after I feel like I lost interest to see the original community making a comeback :tup:.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Back then you Chicago guys (Nandanrp, Fullerton, Snorky, MKturbo) were the guys to follow and had great journals. It is refreshing to see after all this time that you still have the same mindset when it comes to modifications (clean and subtle, sticking to the little details) as you had back then and its cool to see these parts that were desirable back then still making their way onto these STi's. I guess its just an inspiration to me after I feel like I lost interest to see the original community making a comeback :tup:.
That just gave me crazy Nostalgia . Being gone for 4/5 years i noticed that nothing has changed at all. Other then good companies going out of business or not delivering to the US anymore (APS), seems like everything is exactly the same.

No new jdm parts, or bodykits or anything for that matter. Basically i left, returned 5 years later, and nothing new showed up but a lot of good old disappeared.

Im basically building the car i wanted to have at 18 back in 05. This will be a 500-600 hp show,track, street beast.

I'm still waiting on the last of my body mods to show up and then the exterior , minus some accessories , is 100% complete and the car can start its overhaul.

This showed up today however

Read good and bad things about it but really need a low pro jack so i bit the bullet.

A lot more JDM items arriving this week, please, feel free to post, ask questions, make suggestions, etc

·
Registered
159 Posts

The quality and quantity of parts is overwhelming. Definitely going to pay attention to this one. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

My head is going to explode....slow down :lol:

Those wheels are sex, cant wait to see them on!

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Nice, so this is your third Subaru?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

The quality and quantity of parts is overwhelming. Definitely going to pay attention to this one. Keep us posted!
Thank You. Should be updates every few days until i drop the car off at TIC. It'll be up to them to provide further pictures of the tear down, body work, paint, suspension install, etc

My head is going to explode....slow down :lol:

Those wheels are sex, cant wait to see them on!
Lol, no slowing down for me unfortunately. Trying to get this all done in one fell swoop.

Also, UPS just dropped these off.

Hubcentric Rings for the Kiwami's

Nice, so this is your third Subaru?
4th subie. i had an 02 black bugeye with EDM headlights, RA trans, stage 2 tuned. 05 AW STI stage 2. 07 sti stage 1 tuned. And now this one. I'll also be snagging up a forester for a daily driver. I had an older nissan qx4 but wasnt feeling the v6 for dd so i sold it a few months ago.

Also, a new update. Im no longer going with matte black for the paintjob. I really really reeaaaaaallly wanted to do it but it was putting a speedbump in the rebuild with the bodyshop so im going with a Stock Subaru Color..... Dark Grey Metallic

1 - 20 of 458 Posts