IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a subaru problem. While i seek counseling, please sit back and enjoy this forester build.

We are starting with a 1 owner 2005 Cayenne Red Pearl Forester XT 4eat.

132,560 miles. paid $7,995 for it. looked underneath and it has zero 'real" rust and just some suspension bits like a sway bar or a tiny part of a suspension spring just have a little surface rust. pretty amazing for a 12 year old illinois car.

it had a check engine light of i think P00111 (camshaft performance or something) and the transmission was slipping really bad. id floor it or give it half gas and the rpms shot up fast but car didnt really move.

after a little googling realized those two issues are both fluid related and didnt stop me from purchasing the car yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
went to my local subaru dealership today and got 12 quarts of Subaru ATF-HP, 4eat filter, subaru oil filter, and rotella t6.

i quickly did the engine oil and filter change. Also had a fumoto oil drain valve left over from my old sti so i threw that on.

Check engine light is now gone and hasnt come back after going to multiple locations while running errands. she drives a whole lot smoother and the transmission even slips less but still slips at WOT.

tomorrow i will drain the 4eat, replace the filter, and do a 12 qt flush.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Friends don't let friends inject rotas.

I'm thinking 18x9.5 +15 ce28ns. I've never bought volks before so here's my first opportunity

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a freight delivery today from Canada. It's fsti and pretty rare. Anyone want to take a stab at what it could be?

·
Super Moderator
8,406 Posts
I don't know who did it, but I wouldn't be too upset as it isn't an STi. I would have but my own build in the same section if it were another, non-STi Subaru.

However, let them in on the plan and maybe someone will think it is STi-worthy... Like maybe this guy. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
well, you can thank whatever mod for moving my thread. now i haze zero interest to update it

Not a GD, so shouldn't be in the GD Journals, no disrespect, but got moved.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^

It is ok.

Stay with us.

Who cares which section the words are written.

It's the friendships and loyalties. Everything else is secondary.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a few pallets showing up this week. Still trying to get my post count up on the other forum so I can post pictures and start my journal. Lots of catching up to do

1 - 19 of 19 Posts