IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, I apologize that I have not been able to keep you as updated as I would like. I have been super busy lately working on some other projects and I wanted to let you know I am going to focus on the members of this site for a while to do what I can to help out. Now on to the information about the 20G/JECS calibration; we have found that an intake needs to be run on the vehicle because the stock intake system (even with a STi or K&N panel filter) is a restriction at this power level. Since I have been getting tons of crap for releasing some findings on a particular brand of intake system, and because it would just be wrong if we made you run just our intake system. I wanted to communicate to all that we have several calibrations that have worked well for the 20G/JECS combination on the STi. The only caveat is that the calibrations performed consistently once the WGDC and Intake Calibration tables were fine tuned. This is due to the inconsistency we have found in how the various turbo suppliers set up their wastegates and the fact that everyone is not running the same intake system. Some turbo suppliers offer a 9psi actuator; another offers an 11psi, or 15psi actuator, and they all have WG upgrades up to higher pressure levels, etc. We have found that the settings in the WGDC tables need to be fine tuned and the Intake Calibration table needs to be tuned for whatever intake is being run on the vehicle. We think it would be best if we released the 20G calibration to the various StreetTUNERs so they had a very good starting point. I wanted to ask what you all thought of that idea? I know it would be ideal to just say that X.ptb calibration is perfect and just run that. Although, when tuning at the level where you are pushing the limits of the gasoline then all hardware must perform very consistently...and it has not. This is no mistake of the various turbo manufacturers; this is just the reality of having tons of options for a 20G configuration. I will be finishing up two calibrations for the 20G/JECS combination later this week; one is for the FP20G and the other for the DB20G. These will be great calibrations to start with, but they should not be run without testing and find tuning. The last thing I want is to release a calibration that could damage a motor. I would be happy to provide these in a X.stb format for you to start with so please post if you are interested.

Along the lines of further support, I wanted to let you know that we have completely revised our forums, www.cobbforums.com. We are going to provide all calibrations we have developed as StreetTUNER base maps so all of our users can start from there. Please allow us some time to get these up and running. Until then, you are welcome to e-mail me requesting the calibrations in the StreetTUNER format [email protected]. We have also created a Tuning Guide and Worksheet that should be helpful to all, not just StreetTUNER users. Here is a link to these documents = http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31091 We want to educate our StreetTUNER users and Subaru owners about their vehicle because they are becoming very complex machines. We will be releasing documents explaining how various systems work and how they can be tuned as well as basic informational documents. The links can be found at www.cobbforums.com.

I has also mentioned the various EFI and StreetTUNER classes we were going to host and hold = http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54808&page=4. I absolutely plan on getting these up and running as soon as possible and I have some assistance coming soon so hopefully we can make this official in the near future. The idea is to host a free web class that is an EFI101 based class. One would need to take a test and submit it for grading before you could be allowed to the next level. We want to get the classmates familiar with some of the terms and rhetoric of tuning and internal combustion SI engines before we throw out the hard stuff. From there we are most likely going to host the various ST101, ST102, & ST103 as a web based class. The ultimate idea would be to host live classes that you all could log on to and participate in once everything is ironed out. More information will be available once we have further tested some options. Until then, I am open to any suggestions you may have and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am excited and I hope you all are as well. I will do a better job of communicating to you through this forum and www.cobbforums.com.

Take care,
Christian.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where do I sign?

·
Registered
796 Posts
just a quick question for ya christian......would yall be willing to sell this upgrade as a kit so that way we egt everything to the exact specs you require? if so i would def be in.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
army STI said:
just a quick question for ya christian......would yall be willing to sell this upgrade as a kit so that way we egt everything to the exact specs you require? if so i would def be in.
+1

p.s. optional meth kit/tuned map as well? :naughty:

·
Registered
142 Posts
werd.. just need more money..ahh

·
Registered
796 Posts
06grip said:
Offer it as a kit, and I'll be one of the first to sign up.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i wanna be the first to sign up for it lol.:lol: :lol:

but seriously if yall offered this as a kit it would sell remarkably well. i know last i heard was that yall didnt plan on it but i think it would be a great selling point. i mean for people who want better top end but dont want to buy a built motor then it would work well for them. plus as you know people get tired of the power then people will want a bigger turbo which means better built motor and you already have them in the door and theyll look at your motors very closely. i know i plan on getting a built motor from you guys but thats down the road.

please sell them as a kit. ill even pay a little extra for ya to for me lol. or if ya want you can come shoot my future ar-15 in exchange for the extra cost lol. :naughty:

·
Registered
745 Posts
I agree. How many shops would offer this at risk of cutting into their tuning profits?????? I'm amazed Cobb is offering it and I commend them for educating their customers.

Great concept and hopefully they have time to make this happen.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I believe christian posted that they will not be selling it as a kit b/c of the diff. in getting all the parts in stock mostly just the jdm intercooler and the turbos may be an issue too since there is a backorder on long turnover time with FP right now. I could be wrong but he said something about it in the old thread.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to give you an update...some 20G base calibrations have been released for you StreetTUNER users http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31225. Please be sure to read the map file properties so you know what size restrictor pill to use and what hardware was used to tune the vehicles. I can convert the calibrations to the other year ECUs, just let me know what you guys are looking for.

Take care,
Christian.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts