IW STi Forum banner

Foglight Prewiring?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  StiBoy 
#1 ·
I noticed poor visibility in a foggy weather condition with HID's. So, I am now looking to get a set of fog lights installed. I do not really want to take the STi fog covers out. Instead, I would like to install small & all-weather tinted (yellowish) fog lights right under the grill so that you cannot really see them normally. (I am going for yellowish lights for improved visibility... function over form.)

I plan to wire the mini fogs to a Subaru fog light switch which will replace one of the blank / dead switch spots next to the intercooler spray button. I noticed that one of these already has some sort of wiring attached to it, which I presumed was the fog light prewiring. (A Subaru fog light switch I ordered fits snuggly into the prewiring socket.) But, when I checked for current / voltage on the harness extension behind the fog light cover, I get 0 Amp / 0 V even with the fog light switch ON + low beam ON. :(

Does anyone know what needs to be done / added / removed to power the existing prewire? The fog light switch itself lights up when turned on, but I see no current on the other end behind the fog light cover. :-?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rich

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I should look for either the relay or an alternative wiring method. (Maybe the latter for lower cost + operation independent of the low beam state...)

Thanks again, Ted.

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.