IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a dude today at my sound system installer who had his black/silver STi there and he had installed the small fog lamps. they look great the install is easy; he ordered his from Liberty Subaru in NJ said that they had the lowest price.
The standard plastic cover with the decals is over $300.00 but the new plastic that goes with the small fog lamps is around $35.00-go figure.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: Chill Out

i've seen the jdm light in person on a blue sti and there sooo much better than the us verson!just a touch bigger than your highbeam.heard there about 600. or so (if you can find them) but much better than those little wanna be lights :wink:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I noticed that the fog lamps are now available options just this last Friday. I called the dealer to have them add them on my car, which is due in this week. There's a bit of a lead time, though, so I won't know until tomorrow when they'll be in.

M

·
0 Posts
I'd say we'll see the JDM sized lights here locally in the next few months. And the price will decrease dramatically.

I'm going to hold out until then, but I definitely would like the bigger fogs when they are more reasonable.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
slvrsti said:
i've seen the jdm light in person on a blue sti and there sooo much better than the us verson!
totally concur! after seeing 'em in person for the first time this sunday, i've added it to my list of mods.

slightly OT:

i just returned from germany and attended the 2003 iaa on sunday. in-freaking-credible is all i can say. i thought the detroit autoshow was large. this thing was enormous. anyway, upon arriving at the show, i headed straight for the subaru exhibit. they had the redesigned legacy. very nice. they didn't have the sweet high-performance b4 tho'. they said the new legacy/outback would arrive to the states in october. they had the sti and the usual crowd of enthusiastic young men. after seeing those fogs, i was kicking myself for not seeking out a subaru dealer when i first arrived in germany. i also liked the side markers. their headlights are already cleared and have orange indicator bulbs.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I personally like my Fogs and would take them over the larger ones. It throws alot of people off when they see my fogs, they then look for other signs that indeed I am driving a STi and not just a WRX. :) They usually get the point when they see the brakes... :D

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with Kahuna the small ones are more subtle the large ones are just too much; kind of like fake tits. but the clear head lights are pimp! 8)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Other forums/boards, am I handling this well?

Call me stupid or uninformed about this- but can someone point me to a photo of the JDM fogs? I may change my mind... ;)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Now, I like those. I guess I am partial to the big fogs of the previous models.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i love those, they look good w/ clear headlights

off the subject i would feel very happy parking right there cause no one is gonna mess w/ that car considering the new porsch SUV is parked right behind him. sorry for the spelling.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes you could but you would have to pull the covers off every time you wanted to use them; and then they wouldn't look finished; and eventually the comer snap in's would wear out and the covers would just fall off. :wink:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It isn't as simple as snapping the covers in place. Look closer at the pic...in order to put the covers back on, you'd have to remove the surround. The fogs could remain, but the rest would have to come out.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm talking about the small fog's I was at Abt last week end and there was a guy there with a black/silver and he just pooped his cover off and showed me the wiring behind his fog's and then he just pooped the cover back on; no problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts