IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a ticket for not having front plates :( I now have to put the plate on but don't want to drill into the bumper. Does anyone know of any front plate relocation kits? I'm looking for ones that go over the fog light cover.

Thanks for the help/suggestions!

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
you can buy the angled bracket at autozone for 8 bucks, the screws are adjustable so that it will fit the jdm holes without drilling if you want to go about it that route. Another route is to buy a spare fog light cover and drill into it and screw it into that. I personally just stuck 8 velcro squares on my plate and fog light cover and its been on for half a year no problems.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought 2 well nuts that (with a little effort) pushed into the holes that are already in the bumper, then I drilled the license plate...problem solved.

Well nuts are fasteners that have brass threads inside a compressible rubber sheath. As you tighten the bolt, it compresses the rubber so that it cannot be pulled out of the hole. I found mine at OSH.

Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and do a search for 'wellnuts'. There is a picture of how they work, they are cheap, and Mc Master Carr usually delivers overnight for free.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
yea its called ZIP TIES! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts