IW STi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't post much, but I would recommend you checkout the video that Flatirons Tuning did recently on the Subaru Cooling system (posted below). Looking at the picture of your engine bay, it looks like you using 2 high pressure (likely 2-way valve) radiator caps. Apparently Subaru don't like that configuration much. Based on what Flatirons said/experience is one of their guys runs a 1.1 bar cap on the expansion tank and 1.3 bar on the radiator and has had zero issues. Might be worth a try swapping your expansion tank to the stock cap to see if that helps or even vice versa. I haven't tried this yet, but I was going to.

Second Video on the Cooling System Function in Subarus (worth a watch if you have the time)

·
Registered
4 Posts
JC, Trust me we've all been there on trying to get a project finished and off to an event or the tuner. It's how I knew what to look for ;) Did something similar, but like I said I haven't gotten around to doing any testing of my own. Let us know how it goes and I'd love to hear what you find out or observe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts