IW STi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
You want to see hot, look at your intake temps when the A/C is on...

Any-time you put something in front of a radiator it diminishes the performance of the radiator. To make matters worse, you're using a radiator known (Google is your friend) to cause high temp issues; worse than OEM in some situations.

If you are using the Mishy fans, I'd ditch those first. They DO perform worse than the OEM fans. After that, make sure there is foam or shrouding to seal off the sides of the radiator.

Don't know what you're making for power, but the VA radiator works exceptionally well for street-to-light track use to ~500whp.

I wouldn't waste your money on swapping out the pump. The's a splitting hairs difference. There are a lot of other things that will have a more profound improvement on performance than swapping pumps.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The info on the caps was very interesting and i will be putting my stock caps on, i had never heard of a one way and two way cap before watching the video
HIGLY recommend anyone who wants to seriously wrench on their car to invest in a Factory Service Manual. This stuff has been in everyone since the WRX/STi was first introduced. Here's the 2005 STi FSM...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts