IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is SOA gonna offer some floormats? This is crazy! They aren't that hard to manufacture. Anyone have some inside info for this poor soul using wal-mart specials?
--Sin52

·
Registered
174 Posts
I completed an online survey for my Subaru purchase experience and was asked to contact them if I had concerns. I wrote an e-mail reply stressing my displeasure with the failure to make mats available for purchase. My return response explained that the weight of the car was at the limit for import taxes and something had to come off. Radio and mats were chosen. The regulations also restrict the available options based on projected sales..mats would probably have exceeded the limits while projected radio sales would not. It does not appear that Subaru STi mats are in the the SOA plans. Canadian mats look real good but are in short supply. I'm using WRX ones which are OK for the time being. Group buys and suppliers like Subie Dud are long term possibilities. :(

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How is the STi's handling at high speeds?

snead_c said:
My return response explained that the weight of the car was at the limit for import taxes and something had to come off. :(
Weight for import tax? What about the Legacy and Forester, they weigh more don't they? Sorry, I am not venting on you, I just don't understand --Sin52

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Folks,

I picked up my STi yesterday. The dealer had arranged for Canadian STi mats to be in the car for me at pick-up. He stated that it took just 3 days to get them in from, I believe, Vancover. I'll get the details if you'd like. I believe that they were in the order of $135.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mx_9 said:
Folks,

I picked up my STi yesterday. The dealer had arranged for Canadian STi mats to be in the car for me at pick-up. He stated that it took just 3 days to get them in from, I believe, Vancover. I'll get the details if you'd like. I believe that they were in the order of $135.
That sounds good, let me know how they fit/look. One thread said they don't hold up very good, but if you scotch guard them it would probobly help keep them looking nice. I used to spot shot my entire floor mat and then hose them down. They cleaned up really nice. The one pin mounting system is not very good though. The pin popped out of my carpet is 6 months in my wrx. Same setup in the STi so i figure i will pull up the carpet and put a small piece of sheet metal on top of the pin but under the carpet to keep it from pulling through. --Sin52

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Mine have a two pin mounting system. There's a second pin that attaches to one of the bolts holding the seat rails. As far as fit..I honestly don't know. I got the car last night and have been driving all day....haven't noticed the interior too much just yet. I'll check on the fit, though. The mats are black and have the cherry blossom STi embroidered on them. They were free, so I like them :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I went nuts and called dealerships all over Canada till I found one who was willing to put me on a list and call/e-mail me when some became available. I believe they were Specialty Subaru out of Vancouver, BC., but I don't have a number handy. Someone from parts e-mailed me, I called him back, gave him credit card info., and they arrived approx. 10 days later. I think they were around $120 US after shipping. He had 20 full sets when I called...I told him to call everyone on his list and to let me know if he had any extras left over (as I'd take a spare set) and never heard from him again.

·
Registered
350 Posts
No Stereo?

You guys might want to do what I did. Send a PM to Jamie (AllSubaru.com) at www.nasioc.com and he will put you on an 'interested' list. He should be getting STI floor mats this week. Sale price is around $100 + shipping.!! BTW, I got the rubber heavy duty mats from my dealer for free for now :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi gang....
tis true we have several sets ordered,
due to arrive in another 10 or so working days.

some silly delay with freight/customs :(

but yes.. we are getting them!
expect that they'll retail for a reasonable price...

and i am taking names/contact info
for an 'interested' list....

we can always order more if we sell out quickly.

thank you!
Jamie
www.allsubaru.com
www.subiegal.com

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The Canadian mats that came with my car were from:
http://www.dondocksteader.com/ddhome.htm

You just have to scroll to the bottom for their number. Just ask for the Subaru Parts Manager. They were about $133 US, with shipping. I think the dealer received them within 3 days.

If I get home in time to snap pictures in daylight I'll post what they look like. They're black with additional padding on the drivers side that is below where your heel rests while driving. They have the cherry blossom STi embroidered on them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
oops i lied..

Mats arrived TODAY..

as soon as i get them logged in...

i'll have a price and availability list.

these are hard to find as
Subaru of Canada is sold out at the moment.

Jamie

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Jamie, I may be interested. Picking my baby up either Monday or Tuesday next week. . . would be sweet to have a fresh set of mats to throw in there. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Free Mats

You guys can try what I did. About a month after I purchased my STi, I received the Subaru Experience Survey. I called up the dealer and said I couldn't put "completely satisfied" on it. (Talked with General Manager). I'm sure they get a good bonus for this; he pretty much asked how it could be raised to that rating.

I said, "If your dealership can throw in the floormats promised to me, and a set of 6 oil filters and crush rings, I think that might bring the rating up."

Of course, I didn't get STi mats, I got the Impreza ones. That's fine with me. I got the proper oil filters, too! :)

Peace out,
TerraJumper

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ah finally, just received my mats. Yea missing out on the Nasioc GB, and checking ebay constantly for a decent price for the mats just was too much. But thanks to Jamie at allsubaru, I finally got my set. And didn't have to pay 200 dollars for it.

Thanks again Jamie :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ordered mine also from CC-B. They are not the Canadian mats but they are the European mats that come in the STi. I talked to the Sales manager and they said the mats are genuine Subaru products.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts