IW STi Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
We have been REALLY happy with the Lachute Performance EcuTek Flat Foot Shifting feature. It has always been silky smooth and rather non-violent. It did take some getting used to, but so far, we have not had any concerns after the thousands of street miles and very hard track miles with our pro-drivers.

Our rev-matching feature also worked surprisingly well! With all this newer technology, it's amazing how it takes some adjustment in muscle memory to cater to the new tune features.
Ecutek manages it different than Cobb though. It's supposed to be safer because it doesn't cut fuel.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Flat-foot Shifting allows you to keep your foot flat on the accelerator while changing gears, to minimise your gear change time and keep engine speed and torque up for when the next gear is engaged.

In my case it is part of the Race Rom suite from Ecutek and works very well - it will however increase clutch wear.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Hmmm, I wasn't aware I should be using it all the time!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the gen 1 COBB AP and their launch control works very well for me on the street. It just takes a specific technique with good timing for when to hit the gas. The idea is not to hold your foot down while waiting for the light. Instead try to time your right foot so RPMs reach the LC RPM just before the light goes green. You should hear the fuel cut just once (or not at all) when timing is perfect. So don't lean on LC but use it as a tool to teach when to release your clutch. This method gives me consistent and smooth launches, with no danger of over revving and smoking a clutch.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts