IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using the port 1) to put in a code reader to clear the annoyance codes when I had an evap leak P0442, things like that, and
2) to use a Bluetooth dongle to collect engine data for feeding a tablet running Solostorm app for autocrossing.

When I started having boost problems before my rebuild, I'd put in the dongle (It's MXLink, IIRC) to collect data as well. So the port has been fairly well used with let's say once or twice a month something being put in. I don't force things, it's just basic in, out (please don't go there ;)). But now I can't get the MXLink to connect to my phone or tablet. It works just fine on another OBD-II vehicle that I have access to. And it seems like I remember the connection in the Subie possibly going intermittent when I put in the code reader one time.

Any experience with the port going bad / intermittent? Is it something that is easily repairable? Just looking for comments before I dive in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
broken/damaged wiring, pins loose...many different things, those are just the common ones I have found...if nothing obvious, probe the wires and will likely find broken inside sheathing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts