IW STi Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Car looks great! Just curious, why did you go with the X-1 over the Gen 6 500 with swift? I'm not sure what the difference is. Are the struts better in the X-1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Car looks great! Just curious, why did you go with the X-1 over the Gen 6 500 with swift? I'm not sure what the difference is. Are the struts better in the X-1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The X-1s have some parts that you would find on more expensive coilovers, since they are a "collab" with Cygnus and Fortune Auto, and the Gen 6s don't have them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My 2018 STi leather shifter trim finally came in after being back ordered for 6 weeks. These were actually a pain to install. The middle screw mount doesn't line up at all so I had to dremel it off. I had to use a different length screw to reach the top screw mount, and I had to cut out some of the leather that folded over because there was too much and the pieces weren't able to sit flush. However, I do think the end result looks really nice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My 2018 STi leather shifter trim finally came in after being back ordered for 6 weeks. These were actually a pain to install. The middle screw mount doesn't line up at all so I had to dremel it off. I had to use a different length screw to reach the top screw mount, and I had to cut out some of the leather that folded over because there was too much and the pieces weren't able to sit flush. However, I do think the end result looks really nice.

Image Link

Image Link

Looks awesome I'm wanting to do this also for mine. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Alright I haven't post in a long while so here's an update.

-Advan RSII 18 x 9.5 +45
-Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 255 x 40 x 18
-Advan Center Caps - Full Flat - Black
-SubiSpeed F1 Style Rear Fog Light
-Grimmspeed License Plate Relocation Kit
-Subispeed Paint Matched Bumper Plugs
-STi Gloss Black Fender Badges

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
-CubbyPod Dual 52mm Gauge Mount
-Defi Red Racer Gauges - Oil Temp, Oil Pressure
-SubiSpeed JB Style Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel
-STi Piano Black Steering Wheel Cover

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I like that steering wheel and the cubby pod for the gauges, how well did it fit?
The cubby pod fits perfectly, but the gauges are not centered which is why I mounted my AP in the empty space. It was a little tricky to mount it and run the cables though. I used velcro tape to mount it, but there are no openings in the cubby to run cables. Luckily, if you pull the little rubber tray piece up, you can feed the cables through the hole that's there while leaving a corner of the rubber piece lifted up. You can't see it though since the pod fills up the space.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How are the X-1 Coilovers, along with the SuperPro suspension bits holding up? Do you still have body roll with your current suspension set up?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
How are the X-1 Coilovers, along with the SuperPro suspension bits holding up? Do you still have body roll with your current suspension set up?
I do still have body roll, but it's moderate to very little depending on how fast I'm taking a turn and the degree of turn. If I'm taking the turn too fast, I'll have some body roll. However, if I take the turn at the appropriate speed the car is planted firm.

I really like the X-1 Coilovers over the cheaper options, like BC, because if I'm taking a fast turn, the coilovers absorb bumps in the road (suspension travel/rebound) like they're suppose to in order to maintain maximum grip. If I took the same turn at the same speed in a stiff set of BC coilovers, a wheel or two would likely jump causing the car to lose traction and potentially spin or slide depending on the ground surface.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts