IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out. I own a 2010 WRX and have no desire to get rid off it. However I am about to swap jobs and go from living in the city to living in the outback. I was wondering if I just changed the wheels, and maybe got it raised (it hasn't been lowered) whether that would make it suitable to drive on dirt roads. If this could work does anyone know what sort of wheels I should get for it?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I can't help with suspension but I know if I knew I was going to drive off road often I'd get skid plate and rear diff protector on the car.

I have driven on flat dirt roads with no consequence on my lowered springs. I also once ended up on a road with nothing but big ruts and really only ment for trucks. I managed to navigate through it carefully, but was concerned about bottoming out my oil pan.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The stock suspension is probably good enough if the road is in decent shape. If it is really rough then just slow down a bit. I have driven my '11 WRX on gravel roads without a problem and the only thing I have done to it is install mud flaps to protect the paint from rock chips. If you want to get a different tire then go to a 50 or 60 series and that will give you a little more ground clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts