IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to purchase some wheels on my sti and wanted some input before I placed the order. The wheel I plan on installing is a work Meister S1 18x9.5 with a 37 offset. I understand there will need to be modifications done to the fenders such as rolling and I am willing to do that. However, I would draw the line at pulling them. I want to keep body as close to OEM as possible. My question would be: will these be able to fit without having to pull the fenders?
I did the calculations and from my setup I have now, the new wheel would stick out 27 mm more and would be 11 closer to the suspension. I currently have coilovers on the vehicle (BC Racing BR series) fronts have camber plates and rears do not. Not sure what tires I would do yet but wanted to confirm these would work without having to pull fenders.
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
It depends on the tire size but with that offset rolling would be necessary.

I'm running 18x9.5 +38 offset and 255/35 18 tires on my 04 sti and had to roll all fenders.

The rear slightly rub over hard dips. But otherwise they fit almost perfectly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on the tire size but with that offset rolling would be necessary.

I'm running 18x9.5 +38 offset and 255/35 18 tires on my 04 sti and had to roll all fenders.

The rear slightly rub over hard dips. But otherwise they fit almost perfectly.
Exactly what I was thinking. Tire size can make a huge difference. I imagine that’s also what it comes down to

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
what gk1707 said.....

honestly pulling isnt necessarily that bad to do. you do it with a roller and it will still be very close to oem so long as it's just a mild pull.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what gk1707 said.....

honestly pulling isnt necessarily that bad to do. you do it with a roller and it will still be very close to oem so long as it's just a mild pull.
Yea I get that it just bothers me if I would have to do that. But rolling would be ok with me for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.