IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone i am excited to be part of a great community have a small question.

I am inquiring about getting a custom e tune for my type ra sti, Recently I've been doing research and bought me a stage 1 plus package which includes a catback exhaust and an AEM induction intake with the heat shield. As i was doing my research i have gotten so much different information stating the OTS cobb stage 1 plus map isn't compatible or does not work well with anything that isn't cobb or OEM product which sucks due to usually with an intake the MAF usually self corrects but i figured it would be best to be safe i installed the intake and did go stage 1 plus but that was just to get me back to my house. No feedback knock and the DAM is good. Since it's an RA I know some of the internals have been beefed up a bit. But I am very cautious about all my cars and want a tune that fits my style. I'm not looking to be the fastest. I want to balance power and torque for my weekend drives and cruises I take. GOAL is to have it running what it should be from the factory which is the s209 numbers 330whp-340 and 330-34- tq. reliable fun but not over excessive.

Vehicle

2018 Type RA STI

Mileage 3756 miles

exhaust will be Renmark which I will install this week with a 4 inch cat back titanium quad tip.

intake AEM Air induction intake with Heat shield MAF.

Already installed the Front perrin strut mounts and Cusco Rear mounts

Currently Cobb stage 1 plus tune.
let me know what you guys think.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Good morning everyone i am excited to be part of a great community have a small question.

I am inquiring about getting a custom e tune for my type ra sti, Recently I've been doing research and bought me a stage 1 plus package which includes a catback exhaust and an AEM induction intake with the heat shield. As i was doing my research i have gotten so much different information stating the OTS cobb stage 1 plus map isn't compatible or does not work well with anything that isn't cobb or OEM product which sucks due to usually with an intake the MAF usually self corrects but i figured it would be best to be safe i installed the intake and did go stage 1 plus but that was just to get me back to my house. No feedback knock and the DAM is good. Since it's an RA I know some of the internals have been beefed up a bit. But I am very cautious about all my cars and want a tune that fits my style. I'm not looking to be the fastest. I want to balance power and torque for my weekend drives and cruises I take. GOAL is to have it running what it should be from the factory which is the s209 numbers 330whp-340 and 330-34- tq. reliable fun but not over excessive.

Vehicle

2018 Type RA STI

Mileage 3756 miles

exhaust will be Renmark which I will install this week with a 4 inch cat back titanium quad tip.

intake AEM Air induction intake with Heat shield MAF.

Already installed the Front perrin strut mounts and Cusco Rear mounts

Currently Cobb stage 1 plus tune.
let me know what you guys think.
If you're going to run the AEM intake you really need a pro-tune. Happy to help you with that or you can run a COBB SF intake with an OTS tune. If you run the AEM intake with an OTS tune just make it a stage1 LWG, 91oct, NON-PLUS until you get tuned. The MAF curve for the AEM it totally different than the COBB SF and is actually closer to stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're going to run the AEM intake you really need a pro-tune. Happy to help you with that or you can run a COBB SF intake with an OTS tune. If you run the AEM intake with an OTS tune just make it a stage1 LWG, 91oct, NON-PLUS until you get tuned. The MAF curve for the AEM it totally different than the COBB SF and is actually closer to stock.
Joshua this means so much thank you seriously i will revert it back to stage 1 LwG not plus am i correct. I have a protuner looking at it on wednesday, To custom tune it to me it's crazy how a lot of the old mods use to work adequately with the access port but now its completely different. You do tuning?

·
Vendor
619 Posts
No worries. We have a dyno here at the shop (not sure where you are located) and e-tune cars all over the world. Happy to help if your current situation doesn't work out.

Joshua this means so much thank you seriously i will revert it back to stage 1 LwG not plus am i correct. I have a protuner looking at it on wednesday, To custom tune it to me it's crazy how a lot of the old mods use to work adequately with the access port but now its completely different. You do tuning?

·
Vendor
619 Posts
That a long drive, we're in central Oregon :)

Our e-tunes start at $250 for Subaru and go up from there. For what you're doing I think a basic tune will cover it.

Currently im located in tulsa oklahoma, What are your price range and does the tune depend on what i would like the car to feel like.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
If you decide to go that route we'll send you the logging list and instructions for everything. You can log road pulls or we can schedule dyno time. Typically take 3-4 days for road tuning depending on how quickly you turn around logs. If you're on a dyno 1-2 hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m interested. I know it takes a couple of days I’ll be able to get as many lives as possible so would you send me just a base map in order to basically perform a quick snap on it. A bass tune will tell you exactly how much airflow I have. And how quick can you send me that bass tune if I decide to go this route.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.