IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love APS stuff, and i know they make great quality products for the wrx and STi. right now i'm leaning towards getting a Godspeed downpipe with an APS 3in or 3.5in midpipe along with the Perrin twin tipped axleback, bc i love the twintipped look. However, my concern is would i be just better off getting all APS in terms of a full turboback or would mixing it up take away from the overall performance of the exhaust. My goal is to reach approximately 400whp reliably. I will also be porting my wastegate to prevent any boost creep.

thanks, Ghost

·
Registered
72 Posts
It shouldn't as long as everything flows well- do you want to keep stock turbo or upgrade?- you made need to prepare for intercooler upgrade to get where you want if you don't change turbo

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Reaching 400whp WILL require a new turbo. Dan was barely at ~31Xwhp on pump (i believe) and he was maxing it out and have a hard time with the stock turbo. He had every bolt on part you could imagine too... minus lightweight crank pulley and catback exhaust. So... you are goin to need to save up some serious cash if you wanna hit the 400whp mark.

Edit: Also I dont think any of the APS turbobacks will bolt up to a godspeed downpipe or astock downpipe or any downpipe other then APS's.

Robert~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts