IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious STi Crash...

Greetings!

I have been doing research on the Sti, and I have been hovering here for a while. Finally decided to post.

Impresions:

Tight knit group. You guys impress me a ton. Deepest sympathies to Ian's friends and families.....

A little background about myself:

I currently own a 2003 Audi allroad, 2.7T, 6 speed. Used to own a 2000 A4 avant, 1.8t, heavily modded. Before that it was a 1985 Audi 4000s quattro. Recently married, am 27, recently bought a condo in Walnut Creek, Ca. Current interests include video games (NHL 2004 most of the time), drinking beer and wine with wife and friends, restoring my 1963 VW microbus and heck, I would like to say work....but that sucks for now.

Am looking into the Sti, Evo VIII, B6 S4 and G35 coupe. Wifey owns a 2000 Jetta GLX which will be replaced by one of the above. the STi really looks like it is the leader for now. S4 is too pricey, especially considering I make payments on the allroad and intend to keep it. Am looking into trading in the Jetta and picking up the STi.

I will not bore you guys with questions, and the like. I have test driven all the above cars, and each have their own little spots in my heart. The S4 with the V8, the G35 with its rock solid platform, the EVO for it's punch, and the STi for it's shear insanity.

thanks for reading, and I enjoy reading more about this car, and it's loyal following!

But tell me, is it really worth it?

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you are keeping the allroad, an STi or Evo would be a great second car. I parted ways with Audi for my STi. I will revisit Audi if they bring the RS4 to the US. :p

Have fun, seems like you have a nice shopping list.

Oh BTW, it's worth it!!!

Dan
(unbiased STi owner)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
2004 STI SPRINGS

It's definitely worth it - I'd agree with Slowride and say it's also a bargain at $31k. If you're looking for a ridiculously fun car to drive and are willing to give up a little luxury (and live with looks that don't do it for everyone) then it's a no-brainer. Especially considering you have an allroad as a second car...

Another nice thing is that I've only seen 3 other STis in the month I've had mine. I always wave at a fellow pilot unless I'm too late - something I would never do driving my Tacoma. 8)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
You'll get lots of waves and honks from local Subbie owners who'll love your car. . . .

. . .. and everyone else usually just gawks at it because they don't know WHAT to think. :p

I love it. . . it's rediculously-quick, handles very well, and it's still mainstream enough in image that I don't feel like I'm driving this car I need to baby with a diaper when it's in the garage.

(Not that babying your car with a diaper is a BAD thing, per se . . . ) ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for a second car that will suit my "need for going really fast." The allroad is a nice comfortable, relatively quick, all weather/ season luxury car. You guys are right on with STi's affordability, and hell, talk about two extremely different cars. The STi would fit my needs perfectly. After all, I am looking for a ROCKET SHIP at an affordable cost.

One thing I did notice about all your replies is that there is a common factor that Audi and Subaru have in common....first being AWD, but the second is really the culture. The people I have met through the quattro club are all "cult" type Audi loyaslists. It seems that same emotion runs very deep here. I like!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts