IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the Concept looks amazing....

I wish there was more info on under the hood, but even the picture makes me want to hold off on picking up a 12'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly from everything that I have read and heard in the past week, the car is going to range in the low to mid $20k's. I truly hope that a stripped down version can come in at $20k or even a little less. What's the word on the street for base price?

People really are retarded when it comes to talking power. I too think that Subaru's typical turbocharged vehicle have a nice smooth power band line, but it is absolute fact that NA engines have the truest response on the track. The BRZ is a track car, not a light to light gunner runner. And let's talk a little math really quick. I'll use nice round number too. STi weighs in around 3500 lbs w/ 305 bhp. That is ~11.5 lbs/hp. I think I heard the curb weight of the BRZ is around 2600 lbs and lets assume 200 bhp. That is ~13 lbs/hp.

There are money other variables but when you consider the cost difference, better overall balance, no more understear, and probably a comprible suspension that the BRZ has in comparison to the STi....it will most definitely be a blast for the buck!!!

Future Track Star!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly from everything that I have read and heard in the past week, the car is going to range in the low to mid $20k's. I truly hope that a stripped down version can come in at $20k or even a little less. What's the word on the street for base price?

People really are retarded when it comes to talking power. I too think that Subaru's typical turbocharged vehicle have a nice smooth power band line, but it is absolute fact that NA engines have the truest response on the track. The BRZ is a track car, not a light to light gunner runner. And let's talk a little math really quick. I'll use nice round number too. STi weighs in around 3500 lbs w/ 305 bhp. That is ~11.5 lbs/hp. I think I heard the curb weight of the BRZ is around 2600 lbs and lets assume 200 bhp. That is ~13 lbs/hp.

There are money other variables but when you consider the cost difference, better overall balance, no more understear, and probably a comprible suspension that the BRZ has in comparison to the STi....it will most definitely be a blast for the buck!!!

Future Track Star!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow... I am such a dumb ***... I blew right by the scion booth at SEMA. Looked right at the BRZ equivalent and didn't even give it a second look... Dammit... My brain was fried from so much walking and awesomeness...

·
pwn n00bs
18,211 Posts
pricing was already released. it's 24k for base and 27k for limited.

i'm excited to see how many of the scion buyers convert all the badging and words to toyota to replicate the JDM version (cause honestly, do you want to tell people you drive a scion?! i don't LOL).

·
Registered
469 Posts
2500lbs, too bad it's rwd. Maybe this will replace the 2.5RS or legacy rather than the STi. Then a sti version could be in the works for future production :)

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
pricing was already released. it's 24k for base and 27k for limited.

i'm excited to see how many of the scion buyers convert all the badging and words to toyota to replicate the JDM version (cause honestly, do you want to tell people you drive a scion?! i don't LOL).
I'd buy the Scion and de-badge it. Change a few entiror bits over to Subaru. I'm waiting for the STI version, then this will most likely be my new DD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This car does look amazing........but come on subaru......a sports car without a turbo option????

Not sure i can live without AWD and a Turbo. Will have to pass on this car.

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
What is the point of a concept car... "oh look at the master piece that we are capable of making... but wont". What is the point of making a car that has a lower center of gravity than a ferrari but the same HP as a civic? yawn... what else do you have in the oven subaru?

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
looks killer! cant wait to see it in dgm

61 - 80 of 97 Posts