IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I installed a stereo in the car (The sound of the STi motor is beautiful but I need more) :D

Also I change the HVAC bulbs to red, I really hate this controls in green. Here is a pic.

The car looks 100 times better with the HVAC in red. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
The red HVAC controls looks awesome!!! 8) Great job Stryker!...Was it hard to replace the bulb?...How long did it take you to do it? I'm planning on doing the same thing when I get mine.... :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to replace the bulbs just remove the green condom (or cover) replace it with a red one and you're done. A 30 minute work taking all the precautions. :D

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Damn, it's costing me about 3 times the price of the things for shipping. Oh well at least I will have them in a couple days and don't have to try and find them some place locally.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another option that other people are using is painting with a red permanent marker, I don't know if this method is better than a cover.

I did the clear key entry light today

Here's a pic

I'll take another picture tonight

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did you color the circle thingy, or pull it off and color the bulb "condom" ?

Why, oh why, couldn't SOA spend 40 cents to do this for us?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RDiamond said:
Did you color the circle thingy, or pull it off and color the bulb "condom" ?

Why, oh why, couldn't SOA spend 40 cents to do this for us?
I just remove the green cover and replace it with a red one.

here is pic in the night
Sorry for the quality I'll take more pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
short throw shifter

Agent Chobos said:
Shouldn't this be in Electronics?
I'd have to go with a no on that one. This isn't anything about alarms, or stereo components. It's a mod to the interior lighting.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just FYI: I saw that Wally World (a.k.a. Wal-Mart) had started to carry the bulb condoms. There are MORE expensive then Parts Express, but one doesn't have to pay shipping or wait.

Stryker do you recall what size the HVAC/key light used? Also is there only one bulb in the HVAC (RE: service manual AC-9 (fig AC-00607) part no. 9)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are 4 bulbs in the HVAC unit and 1 bulb in the key ring light.

The size of the bulb condoms are .2"

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
OK, got my condoms delivered UPS today. So how hard is it to change them? It's frickin hot here today and suppose to be hotter tomorrow, I don't feel like going out in the garage unless I know exactly what I am doing.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
OK, got my condoms delivered UPS today. So how hard is it to change them? It's frickin hot here today and suppose to be hotter tomorrow, I don't feel like going out in the garage unless I know exactly what I am doing.
your still talkin about the car right :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 in Seattle in July @ MSRP

eatV8 said:
MKIVSupra said:
your still talkin about the car right :eek:

:lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts