IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one really hates the WRX/STi shift knob!

Well, I just did my first lap day with my STi (or any car, for that matter) and I just wanted to say that it was the most fun ever had driving. Granted, I stayed in 4th gear pretty much the whole time (instructor's recommendation - to learn the line first) but you can do surprisingly much with one gear. Love the torque - one of the instructors who rode along with me was giggling on my last run after I had a chance to explore the STi's limits. Who woulda thunk that I'd be passing 911s and getting mad because Corvettes wouldn't let me by? Amazing.

The thing that struck me most was the ease of driving the STi with total confidence. It was very easy turn and make corrections with the throttle - it's just way too much fun hearing the tires scream as you hammer through an apex. Stringing together 3 or 4 good turns was nirvana.

I ran my stock STi on 91 octane pump gas and tire pressures of 38F/33R. Drove about 65 miles total while I was there, so something like 25-30 laps? It all went by too quickly. :D

Looking forward to going back - now I have the bug. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Subaru Forecast

Oh noooo... Another STi driver with the track driving "jones"...

It's too late for me... Save yourself... before its too late.... :D

TrackRat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts