IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STi participation at Sep 13th shootout

Petter 5, Makinen 8 thru stage 7.....

Let's hope Petter can pick it up a little with the suspension damage fixed!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Way to go Petter AND Tommi. Geez....when was the last time both of them were this consistent?

For the record....2nd for Petter, 6th for Tommi.

·
Registered
359 Posts
There was some nice air during this rally... that's what I call fun..

·
Registered
273 Posts
I feel bad for Colin. He really tried hard, but as we have seen sometimes his aggressive style doesn't pay off.

Glad that Gronholm didn't win and I am very happy for Petter taking 2nd. Great event.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah....Colin is getting a bad wrap lately.

There were discussions of who is heading where next year....I LOVED the talk of Burns coming back to Subaru. How awesome would that team be? Burns, Petter and.....hmmmm.....Armin maybe? Need one of those no-podium guys for #3. And damn it YES, we need a third driver!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Colin back at Subie. Just like the good old days of Impreza domination

·
Registered
524 Posts
Go Petter!!! I'm glad he went over Burns for second place, and he was even the star of the rally :lol: It was cool when Petter started jumping up and down when he learned he got second place. It's nice to see some real emotions out of these guys besides the usual "yes, it was a good race" stone-face ala Gronholm or other drivers.

what's up with Tommi?? That's two years now that he hasn't done very well. At least he finished this rally (and in the points).

Markko and his Focus seem to be pretty fast, I'm glad someone is giving Gronholm a good challenge!

·
Registered
273 Posts
matadorCE said:
Go Petter!!! I'm glad he went over Burns for second place, and he was even the star of the rally :lol: It was cool when Petter started jumping up and down when he learned he got second place. It's nice to see some real emotions out of these guys besides the usual "yes, it was a good race" stone-face ala Gronholm or other drivers.
That's why I like Petter so much. He has personality. Did u see Martin after he won and was doing the interview? The dude shows no emotions and has a personality of a brick wall.

Him and farmer Gronholm are really starting to piss me off :) Oh but I am very impressed with Focus though

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amen to that! Petter is exactly what that sport needs right now.

That new Focus....if they can keep the thing together, it looks damn impressive. Did you guys catch the segment of the show last night showing the acceleration difference between the Focus and 206....wow!

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
yeah, pretty amazing, shows how much goes into set ups etc to get grip like that

·
Registered
273 Posts
crazytrain said:
Does anyone know when that will be aired next? I had to be at work by 3am this morning, so I was asleep when it was on. :(
Thursday at 7pm EST and then again at 1:00am EST. Looks like both are condensed 1 hour summaries though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love my new TiVo. I missed the first half of the season, but I won't be missing the second half. 8)

I like that Petter and Tommi are with Subaru. Petter adds life to the sport and Tommi brings experience - and both give Subaru a good name. Tommi's got 4 world titles, which, with the exception of Juha, makes him the worlds greatest rally driver ever. However, I think he has lost interest. A long string of bad luck probably left a bad taste in his mouth. Last year he just couldn't keep his Subaru together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts