IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a tuner in Iowa, there is two shops close to me, 1) shop has JR tuning, i know he knows his stuff,
but the guys that run the shop are a little flacky. I wont be using them to do any work on the car, so it shouldnt matter right? They just make me learry about using them. 2) shop has Graham Gaylord. I have not talked with anyone from this shop as of yet, and not very many people know much about them. The previous owner used him to tune the current setup. The car runs really well, but wondering if there is someone better, so i ask your thoughts, use one from above or find a new tuner in or around Iowa?

·
Super Moderator
8,516 Posts
Out of the two, Graham would be my choice... We're actually friends and recently got back from a South Dakota trip, racing side by sides everywhere we could!

I am also a Cobb ProTuner (used to live in Omaha)... If you're interested, I can work with you on a tune. I come out to Omaha a few times a year to dyno tune. Justin, the owner of the first shop you mentioned offered up use of his dyno as well. For the most part, I can E-tune about anything and then finish it on the dyno at some point.

www.jaztuning.com

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm looking for a tuner in Iowa, there is two shops close to me, 1) shop has JR tuning, i know he knows his stuff,
but the guys that run the shop are a little flacky. I wont be using them to do any work on the car, so it shouldnt matter right? They just make me learry about using them. 2) shop has Graham Gaylord. I have not talked with anyone from this shop as of yet, and not very many people know much about them. The previous owner used him to tune the current setup. The car runs really well, but wondering if there is someone better, so i ask your thoughts, use one from above or find a new tuner in or around Iowa?
I'm in from Iowa. Have heard good things about Graham (haven't used) and yamahasho. Will just chime in that the other person mentioned is an arrogant asshole and will do the bare minimum to get you out the door...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went by and talked to the guys that Graham tunes for, they seemed to be very knowledgeable and thinking about setting something up with them, when I get my header changed out. I have been talking with the original owner of the car, that had the work done to it. It seems like I need to go through the car before heading to the dyno. He never had a true % of e85 gauge; ie cobb flex fuel sensor and wideband sensor hooked up when it was tuned which makes me a little nervous. So I need to spend a little more before going to make more power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts