IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: First of all I wish to thank JJ for providing us with this great forum for discussion. I wanted to ask all the current owners of STI what kind of financing did they get ? Such as A P R % If the wish to say what kind of payments are they making and possibly how much they put down. I currently have to wait probably till after tax season to start looking for mine and I also have my money tied to the adoption of my future son. Which takes priority right now. Just because a will be a dad does not mean I have to settle on a minivan. Thanks you guys I really enjoy reading all the post on this forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put 20% down (mostly trade equity) and financed for 72 months. I got 4.0% at my credit union which puts my payment at $426 per month. I've got a 750 credit beacon, so that kind of rate may not be available to everyone.

For "A-tier" credit, you should expect between 5 and 6 percent for up to 72 months. Bank of America has a credit union buster rate of 3.9% for 60 months, but most dealerships won't give it to you. Good luck!

·
Registered
260 Posts
3.74% for 60 months through a credit union. I shopped around for a credit union with a low rate for new auto loans and joined for $5.00, not bad huh? If I had gone for 48 months I would have gotten 3.49%.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I went for a second mortgage. I owe more on the car than the house. It's an ARM, but the rate is 3.7% right now. That way it is tax deductible. The dealer was drooling when he ran my numbers. 840 credit score.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tip for folks with less than stellar credit.... try www.peoplefirst.com. My credit rating got screwed up (long story) and is in the low 600's. Dealer and banks were offering me loans around 18%. Went to peoplefirst on the recommendation of a friend and was approved at 4.9% (4 years) withing minutes of filling out the online app. I put down 17K and got the rest on the loan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for all your responses to my question. Those are all fantastic rates, I will be checking a local credit union in town for my future purchase. Excuse my previous spelling typo. Ps IF anyone has bought an Sti in the In the greater South Florida area, Please let me know with who and tell me how it went. Your fellow STI afficionado :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts