IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Extra thug sauce please
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i have actually been kinda lurkin around IWSTI for a while now just admiring everyones rides until i FINALLY got mine the other day. I previously had an 05 RS...the difference is literally unbelievable. No mods yet, but I will be starting a journal hopefully within the next few months after the break in period.

·
Registered
483 Posts
congrats man, i came from a wrx, and even i thought the difference was unbelievable lol...cant imagine coming from a RS

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I came from a RX-8. Incredible differnce, but also some loss . Missed the 9000+ rpm redline. Didn't miss the lack of torque.

·
Premium Member
9,013 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking STi!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I got you all beat 90hp diesel Jetta. Talk about difference haha (i still had a 400whp dodge neon in the garage, but my STI has AC and powersteering.)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Extra thug sauce please
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, thanks for the warm welcome guys. As far as mods go (for now) im gonna keep it pretty strait forward and simple. Starting out im probably going to run with:

- of course, tint
- de-badging
- possibly switch out 07's with 05 tails
- turbo gauges
- HKS intake, BOV and exhaust
- Helix DNA coilovers
- V-ltd. front lip
- front and rear struts
- rear diffuser

That is about it... pretty basic. Trust me though, it will start to build off that more and more very soon. I am open to any suggestions you guys have toward what might be better/top manufacturers etc. Thanks again for the welcome.:D

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Haha, thanks for the warm welcome guys. As far as mods go (for now) im gonna keep it pretty strait forward and simple. Starting out im probably going to run with:

- of course, tint
- de-badging
- possibly switch out 07's with 05 tails
- turbo gauges
- HKS intake, BOV and exhaust
- Helix DNA coilovers
- V-ltd. front lip
- front and rear struts
- rear diffuser

That is about it... pretty basic. Trust me though, it will start to build off that more and more very soon. I am open to any suggestions you guys have toward what might be better/top manufacturers etc. Thanks again for the welcome.:D
Welcome man. Enjoy your stay....no *cough* BOV *cough*;)

·
Extra thug sauce please
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Finally... (Update)

Wuttup guys, i have had my sti for a little over a month now...so far, only cosmetics. I will be updating again pretty soon with performance mods. Let me know what you think:

JDM tails, brakes on

JDM tails, running

random

dark, but still looks nice

my little nephew gave me this out of his coloring/sticker book...i had to give him a bunch of pennies for it haha

these are the 05's from the 2.5rs i had

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great looking car!

Try and stay away from the HKS BOV, it will actually hurt your car. Searching is your friend. The cat-backs arent bad but invest in a better downpipe, the HKS downpipe is essentially a stock downpipe with no cat. As far as the intake try and go with APS, and not HKS.

·
Extra thug sauce please
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
'05crystal, i appreciate your feedback man...yeah i have heard from a bunch of other people now that a BOV isnt an sti's best friend...i will def be staying away. I am going to look into your suggestions as far as performance mods go, i am still not sure what to get at this point. if anyone else has any suggestions i am open. Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts