IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STi hatchback...

We've seen it to often where a Subaru (Impreza, Legacy, & Forester)owner purchases aftermarket speakers only to find that their local stereo shop is not able to install them. This is completely unacceptable, the owner should be able to have them mounted or better yet, be able to mount them on their own. With our universal adapters you are able to install just about every single aftermarket speaker into the front doors with roughly 5 minutes of work via a phillips head screw driver. The fronts require ZERO drilling. Here is a small picutre of said product from our website.

Also offered are rear adapter plates that allow for either 4" or 5.25" applications (2 seperate items). These are a great option for those fitting 5. 25 coaxs in the rear doors to add a bit more omph to your midbass fill.

For those of you looking to upgrade both front and rear speakers we do offer several different packages which include a 10% discount and savings on S & H.

We didnt' forget about the 04 Sti owners out there ;) As you may or may not know. If you pull off your door panels you will be faced with something that looks roughly like this:

That's right, no mounting nylon nuts and no tweeter brackets. Through thoughtful engineering we've had CNC laser cut and pressed aluminum tweeter brackets made specifically for this application. They mount in the stock Impreza location and allow you to play the tweeters through the stock perforated holes located by your door handles.

The nylon nuts are a must for all 04 Sti installs. Either purchase them from us or through an auto parts store (generally more expensive) to make the install 100% easier on yourself. The nylon nuts and tweeter bracket kits are available alone or in a complete kit with adapter rings.

Each Innovative Automotive item is hand crafted and quality checked to ensure nothing but the finest product is sold to the end user. Please take a moment to read through our write ups on the site for specific fitment applications and limitations. www.iaperformance.com

Please do not forget to check out our other audio accessories items:

Headunit Wiring Plugs 93-present ALL Subarus.

Replacement Door Handle Bezels

Replacement Extension Door Pin Sets (included in all IA kits from late August forward)

GC8 and Forrester front adapters are slated for full release week of November 15th, 2004. Legacy models to follow shortly there after.

Stephen Clark
Innovative Automotive

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Yup - I purchased all the stuff for the fronts and I can attest to the perfect fitment. Fit my RCE-216 MB Quart (2x6.5" and 2 tweeters) perfectly with the included washers. Instructions were straight forward and the install was pretty much easy.

Thanks again,

-st

·
Registered
575 Posts
Singletrack said:
Yup - I purchased all the stuff for the fronts and I can attest to the perfect fitment. Fit my RCE-216 MB Quart (2x6.5" and 2 tweeters) perfectly with the included washers. Instructions were straight forward and the install was pretty much easy.

Thanks again,

-st
how deep are the RCE speakers? I want to know if these special spacers can help you to fit the QSD speakers. Thats what I really want to fit

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
yxan2 said:
Singletrack said:

Thanks again,

-st
how deep are the RCE speakers? I want to know if these special spacers can help you to fit the QSD speakers. Thats what I really want to fit
Not sure to be honest. I needed one metal washer behind each mounting hole on the bracket (included) to make them fit. With just the bracket, the speakers hit the window. I think Stephen has a fitment pdf on the webpage.

Hope that helps,

-st

·
Registered
983 Posts
stephen, i'm getting those the complete thin kit but if i want to fit the infinity kappa 52.5i" on the rear panels, do i need to cut or drill anything? what 5.25" rear speakers that will fit w/o any cutting and drilling but has close quality to the kappa?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Singletrack said:
Instructions were straight forward and the install was pretty much easy.

Thanks again,

-st
I just received the "thick" kit today and I didn't get any instructions with it. I guess I could figure out how to mount it but if there are instructions, would you forward me a set. Thanks.

<<edit>> oops, found them in the box, nevermind..... But the spacers look really cool. :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i keep seeing components going into the cars, but what about just simple coaxials? I dont care much about quality and such and would just rather deal with 1 speaker, not a speaker tweeter and xover and such.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: GLUE lines

orca said:
whoa, this is great. Im just wondering, beginners can do this install easily also??
Pretty much, I had never installed a stereo in my life. If you have a friend that has some experience, it will help.

-st

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NDMAC- You have a PM, The kappas require minimal dremel work. About 1/32-1/16 in over all diameter needs to be gained with those.

I'd say these adapter rings are pretty much plug and play. We have a new set of instructions coming out with full detail on door panel removal, etc. In the end it will be just about idiot proof :) The way it stands now, all you need for the fronts is a phillips head screw driver. For the rears you need a phillips head bit in a drill to make life easier.

After installing a complete STI system this weekend I should have a nice gathering of pictures to share on the boards. Everything from Amp installation to running wires through the factory door gromets. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thanks stephen. I'm lot more comfortable now. will wait for your pics. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey guys,

Unless Stephen has another STi planned for this weekend, I think my car will be made famous :)

Good think I washed and zaino'ed her real well this weekend... I got that door ding fixed up well too in case we take some outside pictures.

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: tivo

Well, I'm back and quite tired from the weekend's installs. Pictures should be up this week or next at the very latest. It was getting dark towards the end so some of the pictures aren't of the highest quality :/

·
Banned
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a teaser of one of the rear doors ready for the door skin :D The CDTs fit like a dream in the adapter plates and no issues with the door skin

Fhqwhgads installed brown bread to all 4 doors and it made a very nice difference. I need to ask him if it smells like road tar for a few days like raamat does. Same principal behind both products. 1 layer sounds great, 2 layers does miracles.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts