IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought the car it came with rota sdr's wasnt to happy but a year later i decided to start searching for a set of bbs's and well here is the outcome sorry for the pics still new at it :D and using a Canon powershot Sd500...

rotas w/o coils

rotas with coils

NOW:

got the wheels and lip 2 weeks after the coilover install :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ha. I just ordered Rota SDRs albeit with Blizzaks for winter. I don't like our BBS stockers much. I know that functionally they are awesome (strong, light, yadda, yadda) but I don't think they look that great. I may suffer through one more summer with them since the stock tires could probably go that far. Have fun keeping them clean. (That's probably the real reason I don't like them - cause I am too lazy to clean them.)

What's with the third pic where you are an inch from scraping w/o the lip? I hope that's not just coming off your driveway or you are in trouble. Where are you at in UT?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I would never ever put Rotas on my car...why would you do that, why I ask???? Anyway, nice choice. I am a H.S. teacher and I've had my "fast and the furious students" (you know the type), ask me when I am going to get new wheels...what???? the BBS ones are awesome...just hard to clean

...but I do understand there are other good ones that have a different style...but you certainly don't NEED to upgrade those for performance IMHO...

SK

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I love my BBSs as well, but Rotas aren't that bad fellaz. I had a set on my Bug Eye and recieved plenty of complements on them.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i got rotas on mine and almost everyone says that it looks "clean or sick" on my car . . . but mine are discontinued so lol . . . :)

But i will say that im looking into beter ones like Volks or something ;) :devil:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Rotas look alright but the whole point is that they are ripoffs of good brand name wheels. They are fine for on a civic or even a normal wrx but not on an sti that comes with such nice wheels. Im pretty sure we just had this conversation though lol.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Dos531 said:
Rotas look alright but the whole point is that they are ripoffs of good brand name wheels. They are fine for on a civic or even a normal wrx but not on an sti that comes with such nice wheels.
Yeah, I can agree with that.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
I'd rather have a scratched up BBS than a Rota as a DD wheel.

·
3,274 Posts
I don't think Rotas are that bad. I have a set I use as winter wheels and for the price they were great and I don't mind if they get banged up in the winter, whereas I would be pissed if my stock BBS rims got curb rash, chips, etc.

I might be getting another set for track wheels, again so if they get banged up I won't cry as much. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mikael1052 said:
Ha. I just ordered Rota SDRs albeit with Blizzaks for winter. I don't like our BBS stockers much. I know that functionally they are awesome (strong, light, yadda, yadda) but I don't think they look that great. I may suffer through one more summer with them since the stock tires could probably go that far. Have fun keeping them clean. (That's probably the real reason I don't like them - cause I am too lazy to clean them.)

What's with the third pic where you are an inch from scraping w/o the lip? I hope that's not just coming off your driveway or you are in trouble. Where are you at in UT?
i live in west point by syracuse :D farm lands

1 - 16 of 16 Posts