IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

15-20 minute to cut w/ a dremel and 15-20 to install. thank you for the guy who design the screen template, It came out to easy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I painted it silver I was gonna paint it white but it gets dirty really fast. I just like the tag heuer, I have a mini collection of it. :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
STI stock re070 Bridgestone Potenza 225/45 R17 tires

doh. it should have read "many have painted their screens black". i gather you're a watch fan. :)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I am also selling these mats

Did you pull the scoop off to install??

I put a screen on my friends 2002 WRX scoop, but he had it off already. I then attempted to install one on another 2002 WRX with the scoop still on the hood. Major pain in the ass. Any tips?

·
Registered
411 Posts
same here

Looks good, thanks for posting the pic. I'm doing mine soon, but painting it black. Fall in New England sucks, these leave that go into the hood scoop are driving me crazy.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
I think it's much easier taking the scoop off. But if you already have a template...you might be able to get away with not removing it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I did not take off the Hood scoop, when you insert the mesh inside you have to angle it and one more thing, mark the place where you will put the zip tight then insert the zip tight on the mesh B4 you insert it under scoop. Its a bitch inserting the zip tight when you place it already, you don't have much leverage if you got long arms maybe no problem.
Well goodluck on putting one :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
The screen came out nicely. I removed my scoop to install mine - can't even imagine how much of a PITA it'd be to do one w/o removing the scoop first.....removing it also allowed to me make the zip tie connector face towards the IC.....looks fairly clean. What's that banner read on top of your windshield?? And not to flame ya (at all, to each their own) but I'd be very hesitant to make my STi a free billboard for any company...except STi, that is! (and I have a Tag also :) )

·
Registered
521 Posts
how do you remove the hood scoop on the sti? I tried installing my screen, but wasnt sure which bolts to remove. could you show me a few pictures? thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking of removing the scoop but it was getting dark and I'm getting tired already (change oil and car wash 2 cars) don't have time to remove the hood so I just did the hardway but I would suggest to remove the hood it will be better.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Leave it alone

Grillcraft is making a grill for the STi scoop that attaches with 2 simple bolts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts