IW STi Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,957 Posts
±/- 10% on AF Learning is about as far as I'd accept. Generally, I try to keep it +/- 5%.

A base map on a 'build' like this really should not be that far off. I would ask for a boost leak test prior to finishing a tune in it.

Are you having issues with keeping the car cool?

·
Premium Member
See about
6,206 Posts
A bigger radiator is not necessary unless the car overheats. It will probably add add weight and block airflow that is cooling other things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
No Jason. No issues keeping it cool I believe the highest temperatures I've seen is coolant 190 and intake 140 on the acessport while sitting still in a long line. I was just thinking about something to add to help keep cool. And someone mentioned it above. But back to the AF learning.. some days it runs and idles below +15

Maybe a wideband? I just received my Getadomtune. anything esle to help longevity. I don't know how stupid this will sound... but could pump gas be a conservative tune and e85 tune be balls to the wall 😆
Look at these prices!
Font Line Material property Gas Technology

·
Super Moderator
8,957 Posts
A WBO2 is good for open loop, but in closed loop, it'll show you the result of your corrections.

Yes, you can make gas and ethanol tunes run very different (or high and low side of a FlexFuel map).

·
Registered
776 Posts
So finally the date is almost upon us, my dyno tuning session is tomorrow @11am I'll post results. Kinda wish I would've added acouple more items. But I'm just going to enjoy it for awhile. Hopefully get a good session. I called the shop to let them know my AP was reading anywhere from +20 up to +25 on AF learning 1. Isn't that not supposed to go over +16? Cruising it's well under 16 and feels fine. He thinks it's just the base map so hopefully I'll have no issues. I'll be right at my oil change for 3000 miles when I get there and he said we could change the oil.

Notes on break in miles:
Mile 500: motul break in mineral oil is very light in color as you probably know already, didn't notice any difference in color, maybe a tad. Didn't use any oil at all hardly.
Mile 1500: didn't use any oil here either, but the oil was alittle darker here.

I was thinking about a bigger radiator like koyo or misho what u guys think
your oem radiator is likely fine if you arent doing any tracking of the car, but of those two, definitely koyo over mishi.

·
Premium Member
See about
6,206 Posts
Reactions: Karlot

·
Premium Member
See about
6,206 Posts
Thats not so bad!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The tuner didn't really wanna chat like my last tuner did like Jason. Jason and I actually became friendsm But I really wanted to get on a dyno this time instead of etuning since it was a new motor ya know? But it out down
341whp @RPM 4.783.
434wtq @RPM 3.491. HOLY TORQUE
Glad I updated my clutch

21 - 32 of 32 Posts