IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from an awsome road trip and thought I'd share a couple pics with you folks. I drove all the way from Port Elgin Ontario to Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Arizona and everything in between. A highly recommended trip to drive. I'll add more details as I have more time but here are a few car pics I took along the way.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice pic, looks like it was a great trip

·
Registered
124 Posts
autocross exhaust

Been through a couple of those states myself, I've seen the grand canyon, painted desert, imperial sand dunes, castle rock, and a few others. btw, it might just be me, but it looks like the back is sitting low, did you have a loaded down trunk? Anyway, glad you enjoyed the trip.

p.s. how were the seats?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey, great pics. I was planning on taking a nice trip to the southwest region myself and taking some great pics of my car in it. .. I guess you beat me too it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the trunk was pretty well loaded. A three week trip with, well, the overnight bag for me and the rest of the trunk for the lady haha.

I found the seats to be ok for long trips. Not the most comfortable but not bad either. My back did not hurt at all but I had to move alot, also the seats tend to give wedgies after a while so I found myself readjusting my underwear alot. I found the car very hard on the arms however. My arms and shoulders were sore for days after the trip, there's just nowhere to rest them while driving. I drove 22 hrs the first 2 days and the same for the last 2 days. Days in between consisted of various hrs of driving, sometimes short distance and sometimes long distance.

Overall the car did awsome throughout the trip, from extreme heat (115 in Nevada) to cold (25 on Pikes Peak). Had not one problem or complaint about the car. It is however not a luxury sedan so don't expect such a ride but the performance was outstanding the entire time. In all I drove a tad over 8800 kms in 23 days. Oh and bring a few bucks for gas money, this thing guzzles big time if you have a heavy foot.

If you LOVE driving, I would very stronly suggest northern Arizona. The scenic highway from Moab to Utah (not the interstate) was a blast to drive. Twisties, ups and downs, high speeds and tight cornering, I had a blast driving in there.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Auto Xing Tire wear

Pike's peak would be an awesome ride in the STi. How did the brake temperature fare are the ranger station? The one time I drove the peak (in a rental), I had to pull over to let everything cool down..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts