IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 Sti and I bought the 57f Volks from world one, and I read somewhere that someone was able to put 265/35/18s on their car without rubbing.
Well, I went ahead and tried putting them on. They look great! I have no issues when I drive like a grandma.. :( When I take a corner aggressively, I get tire rub on my rear fenders. So now I am looking to find a place that can roll my rear fenders- or should I just take a baseball bat to them?
I was told that CarNutz in Bellevue can do a good job? Anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you!
James

·
Registered
601 Posts
+1 for Car Nutz, they have the professional tools to roll your fender right. You can do it yourself too, but risk breaking and cracking your paint in the inner lip. I rolled mine myself, cracked a little paint, but I will be completely removing the inner lip this winter and respraying it to create more clearance for some 255 or 265's this spring.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sleeper in Seattle said:
I have a '06 Sti and I bought the 57f Volks from world one, and I read somewhere that someone was able to put 265/35/18s on their car without rubbing.
Well, I went ahead and tried putting them on. They look great! I have no issues when I drive like a grandma.. :( When I take a corner aggressively, I get tire rub on my rear fenders. So now I am looking to find a place that can roll my rear fenders- or should I just take a baseball bat to them?
I was told that CarNutz in Bellevue can do a good job? Anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you!
James
Do you think 255's would fit without rubbing? I haven't ordered my tires yet...

·
Registered
601 Posts
OvrPSId said:
Do you think 255's would fit without rubbing? I haven't ordered my tires yet...
Are you running stock rims or aftermarket. If so, what size and offset, what springs?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard that 265's would fit, so I would have to say 255s would be more likely to fit without fender rubbing, but 245s would be gauranteed to fit (on 05 and 06 STIs).
I found a place on Lake City Way- thanks to the NW section in another forum. It's called Haury's Lake City Collision 206 365-1565. I sent them an email last night and they called me at 8:45 this morning. They do a lot of BMW fenders and they say Subarus they've done are a lot easier then the BMws- they said about $85 including tax (for the hour to do both rear fenders). They have done all Subarus in an hour (or less) so far. I am going to stop by on thursday before work to have them look at everything- since they said that they haven't seen 265s on a STI yet) and then on friday the fenders are getting rolled!
I'll let everyone know how it turns out!
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I got my fenders rolled, by Haury's, and they did a good job, they say my car was the first 06 that they've done, and there is less to roll than on an 04- maybe an 05.
My rubbing has almost been completely eliminated now except when hitting a bad transition hard. So in my day to day driving, I've only rubbed once after the rolling. So I am satisfied!
It was reasonable too, it was $80 an hour and they took about two hours to do it.
Check them out, if you are looking to get your fenders rolled!
James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts