IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to get your feedback in regards to my situation. Hopefully there is someone that could help guide me or better inform me of what I'm entitled to.

Here is my story:

I traded my 04 Stratus R/T for the STi on 7/30. I found out the car had no cats on it and had an aftermarket D/P. The dealer was taking care of it, but today is day 9 and I have yet to get the car back. I basically have been doing most of the research trying to get answers. I basically have been getting the run around.

I have kept in communications with the manager at the chrysler dealership. The bottom line here is that Reeves and Courtesy have treated this situation with a nonshalant attitude and no sense of urgency. I have been promised time and again from Reeves to get return phone calls all the way up to their GM to get answers. Not once have I received calls from them. Last time that I checked, even thought I'm not a direct customer with Reeves, they are holding my car, thus making me a customer. There are people on both sides that have the power and authority to make things happen rather quickly. Yet I have been put on the back burner and given the 5 to 10 business day shipping treatment. I have been out of my car for 9 days now and its getting beyond understanding.

I have expressed to the manager at Courtesy that I will seek compensation for my inconvenience and lack of service. I want to know from you if this is a reasonable request:

I want to get the car tuned by Mastro to ensure the car is running at its full capacity. I also want to get the SPT Performance Pack upgrade (SPT Intake and Exhaust) and installed by Mastro Subaru. I have a quote from Mastro for $1,300.

Is this a reasonable request of compensation for my satisfaction?

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to give you the full story.

Thank you for your time and sorry for any spelling errors.

**Edited for better reading and results**

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
wow good luck. I would ask for some kind of ext warranty or free oil changes because its the dealers fault in the first place.

punctuation FTW!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry about all that. I was in a hurry and wound up typing a blog.

Bottom line, I wanted to get some feedback and guidence on this situation.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
i will write a short version.

He bought the sti without fully checking it.

after it was brought home he realized it had a catless downpipe.

talked to the dealership he got it from and they said they'll talk to subaru and get it all sorted out.

he's getting the ring around.

·
Registered
142 Posts
it really sucks when dealers give you the run around. The dealer i purchased my car from was a royal PITA, but i got everything figured out after some good ol complainin'.
My suggestion would be to call the dealership, ask for the general managers number. If you already have, ask for the owners number. IF you mention going above someone for something that is their fault, they will solve your problem. You just spent 20k+ on a car from these people and they want your money to keep coming back. Just call the right person(ie. THE MAN)..
-tim

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's illegal for a dealer to sell a car without cats. Threaten to report them to the state DMV (or whoever is in charge of emmissions laws in your state) They can face some fines for this.

That will make you a top priority to them

good luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*Update*

The car did not show today. I met with one of their main managers to discuss the situation and my displeasure. They will be taking care of of the dyno tune and the SPT performance pack over at Mastro Subaru. :cool:

I even got out of the camry and let me take out a CTS to drive around.

Since the factory exhaust arrived on late Wednesday, I know they have got to have my car ready by tomorrow afternoon. Then again, my case has been given the top priority of the dealership. Wish I would have gotten that treatment earlier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts