IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
it looks pretty good. renick is good dealership although they deal more with cadillac than subaru

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
dude you can get the official jdm lip, pre-painted in the factory colors for 365.57 from japanparts.com here's the link http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php
It's the fifth item down.

I'm sure painting the replica is atleast going to cost you 100+, so right there your spent 280+ for a replica part, with "replica" fitment qualities. Why not just dish out the 365, have it pre-painted in your color, know that it's an actual JDM piece, and have A+ quality fitment?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
^yup. Most places will charge you about $100-200 for paint, so just get the OEM JDM lip and you will be golden.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SoaReS said:
dude you can get the official jdm lip, pre-painted in the factory colors for 365.57 from japanparts.com here's the link http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php
It's the fifth item down.

I'm sure painting the replica is atleast going to cost you 100+, so right there your spent 280+ for a replica part, with "replica" fitment qualities. Why not just dish out the 365, have it pre-painted in your color, know that it's an actual JDM piece, and have A+ quality fitment?

more like 750 with shipping =(

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
gtpark81 said:
more like 750 with shipping =(
no way man. shipping at the most would be 100. Send an email to Graham @ japanparts. He said he'll always hook us iwsti members up :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SoaReS said:
no way man. shipping at the most would be 100. Send an email to Graham @ japanparts. He said he'll always hook us iwsti members up :D

I actually went to the website and tried to check the item out and came out to eh 750...i'll try giving graham a call and see if i can get a deal

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey i just ordered one from renickmotorsports last week ,the part is on backorder intill mid september but when it comes i will post fitmet and quality.I work at a body shop as the head painter for 8 years so if anyone needs these lips or anything else painted i can hook you up !

·
Immoderate
5,702 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Renick kinda pissed me off last week. I had ordered a pink stars badge weeks before and having not received it, I called. "Oh yeah, here it is, hmmm...looks like that's out of stock and we should be getting more next month sometime...."

....and at what point were you going to notify me of this delay? I cancelled it in disgust but I'll probably end up ordering it again from them because I think I've only seen one other place that carries them.

On the lip, I just put the JDM one on that I got from Japanparts. By itself, I think it was going to be about $630 shipped but I ordered fogs, bumper beam, and a roof rack, too. It is very nice and install was quite easy, fit perfect. Since it comes up and covers a good area of the bumper, I really don't think it would be a good piece to have to deal with imperfections in fit. With a lip that just snaps under the car, it probably wouldn't be that tough to make some adjustments but this type you need to fit just right.

Also, to my surprise, you lose no vertical ground clearance vs. the stock splitters (except, obviously, in between them.) However, it does protrude about 3 inches further forward so functionally speaking, you certainly lose clearance when attacking inclines.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Does anyone have data on this front lip? I'm trying to see if it's comparable to the V-limited in terms lift reduction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts