IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 sti. I had it on stage 1 that does not require any mods. I flat foot shifted the car and didnt seem like there was any problem at that time. 2 days later, I get a cylinder 4 misfire and white smoke was coming out on cold starts and my coolant was low. I cleared the code because i couldn’t drive without abs and all the other features. I took it to subaru and they said there was no code found(because i cleared it) and the white smoke problem was because i was low on oil. They topped off my oil and refilled my coolant. Now there is no white smoke and nothing seems wrong except i get feedback knock when I accelerate. Max was -11.80. My DAM goes back up to 1 when i push the car and after a while of just driving normally, it can range from 0.062 to 0.750. What the hell is wrong with my car??!???? Plz help. Thank you for reading this long ass essay

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Well if you cleared the faults, then they have nothing to go on when you bring it in under warranty at Subaru. Had the car had a misfire fault then the tech would have something to chase after. Based on the fact that you continue to get white smoke on start ups, oil consumption, and misfire.....sounds like the classic ringlands. If i were you, i would monitor your oil levels every fuel fill up from here on out until you get an idea of how much oil consumption is occurring. The next time you get a misfire fault, dont clear it! Take it back to the dealer or shop and let them properly diagnose the issue.

Ultimately i think a compression and leakdown test should be done on the engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you cleared the faults, then they have nothing to go on when you bring it in under warranty at Subaru. Had the car had a misfire fault then the tech would have something to chase after. Based on the fact that you continue to get white smoke on start ups, oil consumption, and misfire.....sounds like the classic ringlands. If i were you, i would monitor your oil levels every fuel fill up from here on out until you get an idea of how much oil consumption is occurring. The next time you get a misfire fault, dont clear it! Take it back to the dealer or shop and let them properly diagnose the issue.

Ultimately i think a compression and leakdown test should be done on the engine.
If i don’t clear it, it turns off my abs, hill start assist, and all the safety features.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you're going to need to get it to the dealer with the codes. Does the dealer know about your accessport?
Lol no. I recently bought this car so i was tryna keep it a secret hoping they would fix anything for free under warranty and so far they have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So you are trying to scam SOA into paying for something you messed up, knowing what you were doing was not covered. I feel bad about all the service techs that get screwed over by this type of nonsense.

You might as well unmarry the accessport and finish blowing it up, then tow it to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If i don’t clear it, it turns off my abs, hill start assist, and all the safety features.
Well its a sign that you have to bring it somewhere to get repaired. Clearing faults doesnt fix the problem...

Lol no. I recently bought this car so i was tryna keep it a secret hoping they would fix anything for free under warranty and so far they have.
This is why Subaru gives everyone a hard time about replacing engines.
So you are trying to scam SOA into paying for something you messed up, knowing what you were doing was not covered. I feel bad about all the service techs that get screwed over by this type of nonsense.

You might as well unmarry the accessport and finish blowing it up, then tow it to the dealership.
I agree, the techs gets screwed on stuff like this. Come backs because of customer nonsense. Meanwhile people get upset when the car isnt "fixed right" the first time. Maybe if they provided accurate information from the beginning things would go alot smoother.

·
Registered
693 Posts
ok guys... point made

OP:

These engines are fragile. That is why you hear so many people waiting on the next iteration of the engine before they buy another subaru.

If you are going to continue going down this road I would unmarry the accessport and the next time you you get the check engine light cluster take it to the shop and see what happens.

You VERY LIKELY blew up your engine. Only a compression AND leakdown test will show this other that boroscoping for obvious cracks.

good luck.

p.s. I hope you have learned a life lesson here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts