IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"My engine has a knock, who in Germany can fix it?"

- Only licensed Bosch/Subaru repair stations. Or you can take it to a reputable non-subaru repair facility. BUT you must pay by CC and be sure and get invoice saying EVERY bit of work performed. By German law the person that makes the repair must warranty the repair for at least 2 years.

-If you pay cash.. you run the risk of loosing the invoice and not being able to prove the work was done.

-The invoice MUST be detailed... them putting "repair" says nothing. If you don't speak German then find someone who does... do not trust ANYONE.

"I had some issues, but a guy at the auto hobby shop worked on it and now i'm screwed..as he can't fix what he broke"

-See above NO German shop will work on the car now, as they do not want to warranty the previous work.. nor do they want the liability.

"I want/need to get tuned while i'm in Germany"

-You have 3 options. First you can have it tuned here.. Which will cost you tons of money.

-Second you can fly someone over to do the tune for you, But you had better pray the car does not break. This also opens up the can of worms as no one will touch your car.

-Third option which is the best.. leave it alone until you get back to the states.

(I will add more when I have the time)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: (FAQ) Welcome to Germany!! Now read this before posting or you get the stick.

reserved..

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
This is the first thing I hear right before "so do you know who can fix my car".

Either tune it right or leave it alone.
There are a couple reputable tuners that etune like kieth @ awdtuning. I don't remember if Cobb or efi logics do etunes. Still the option is there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
did anybody every get an idea of how many € I will have to part with for a tune here in Germany? The conversion rate is great right now and if they take a VAT form, it is almost 1:1. I would be seriously bummed if I have to wait till I go back to USA for this. That is still 18 months away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts