IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone on here running these tires just need input or pics,I'm currently on Michelin PSS and after 11k on it started to develop a tire pull and slight vibration over 70 mph.I DD my car and my major concern would be wet traction,my current tires could be replaced with the new Michelin P4S at a prorated price from discount tires.before i get another set of Michelin's I kinda want to see what other options is out there.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
679 Posts
I know the 615s are a great tire and is used by many of my crap can racers for their race cars.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If anyone on here running these tires just need input or pics,I'm currently on Michelin PSS and after 11k on it started to develop a tire pull and slight vibration over 70 mph.I DD my car and my major concern would be wet traction,my current tires could be replaced with the new Michelin P4S at a prorated price from discount tires.before i get another set of Michelin's I kinda want to see what other options is out there.

Before you go spending money on new tires, are you absolutely sure its the tires? Have you tried rotating and balancing yet? Maybe even having a road force balance done and an alignment. Any bent wheels (inside and outside bends)? Just a couple things to keep in mind :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before you go spending money on new tires, are you absolutely sure its the tires? Have you tried rotating and balancing yet? Maybe even having a road force balance done and an alignment. Any bent wheels (inside and outside bends)? Just a couple things to keep in mind :)
Went to Austin for a car meet from Houston drive was fine 100 - 110 mph no issues,few days later did some brake job,oil change and tire rotate and noticed right pull and vibration 70 mph up,balanced front tires drove it for a day same thing,road force balance and swap front tires left to right and pull goes to the left so definitely have some issues.I reached out to Michelin north America and told me to go where i purchased the tires for inspection and will have a prorated price towards new replacement tires.unfortunately the MPSS are now discontinued and I have to purchase the new p4s.the tires td after rotation was 8/32 front and 7/32 rear.

·
Registered
89 Posts

On my 2nd set of Falkens as dd and I don't have any problems. But I can't give an opinion on the other tires you listed.
As for wet traction, it rarely rains here but when it does it I don't have issues issue. Been caught in places where they have flash flood warnings and they been good.
The thread pattern looks like it will be sketchy in wet roads but thats not the case
I have to say they are best bang for your buck High Performance Summer Tires... and they are Made in Japan

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got a awt of nitto 555 g2 255 35 18 for my te37sl 18x10 +40. They are quiet and grip well. Only had them for a couple of days. Ill update u.

P.s nittos were like 30% less then ps4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts