IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey is there any way to wire two of the subaru factory sub/amp's. place one under the drivers and one under the passenger seat. would you have to bi wire or what? any ideas thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you buy the sub/amp ( subaru oem) does it just plug in. or do you have to wire it into the system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it plugs in. not sure though. but i answered my own question. no you cant hook two of the amp/subs up. it would change the impedance to half the normal ohm load. so never mind guess i will settle for stock or go aftermarket later.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
The stock sub/amp plugs in. You unplug the speakers from the HU, plug in the sub/amp, and then plug the speakers into the back of the plug for the sub/amp.

·
Registered
354 Posts
So as long as you have the subaru harness for your aftermarket HU then you can use the factory sub? i been thinking about getting the sub but thought you needed the factory HU. in directions it shows the stock HU having a seperate connection in back for the sub/amp connector.. is there a 3-way plug i am overlooking?

if anyone could clear this up i'd appreciate it..thanks

Chris
04' STi
Silver/ Gunmetal

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Hmmm, I am not sure now. I thought the sub/amp hooked up like it did in my 98 Legacy. Maybe they have changed since. Sorry I can't help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts