IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone on here has succesfully fit 52mm gauges in thier factory center triple gauge pod (the one where the clock goes) ?

If so, pictures and how you did it would be nice :)

I'm looking at doing a very factory-ish type of setup so I figured this was my best bet if it is pretty easy to do..
Also, does anyone know of aftermarket triple gauge pods that resemble the factory one.. aka very simple/functional looking, that can hold 52mm gauges?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wi77iam said:
The gauge pod from WRXtra is just the factory one that has already been modified to hold 52mm gauges. I have it and it looks good.
Yea, I'm definitly going with it :tup:
How is it in the sun? Do you guys get a lot of glare because it doesn't have a visor like the defi pod?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Direct sun will wash out the brightness some, not so much that you can not read them. This would certainly be less of an issue with a gauge pod that had more of a hood like the defi. However, I never found a pod with a hood like that that was specific to 52 mm gauges. The ones that accept 52mm also accept 60 and the 52s look way too small in there. I still think the WRXTra solution is the most OEM looking. People that do not know anything about the STi assume that they came with the car.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LeiboWRX said:
Direct sun will wash out the brightness some, not so much that you can not read them. This would certainly be less of an issue with a gauge pod that had more of a hood like the defi. However, I never found a pod with a hood like that that was specific to 52 mm gauges. The ones that accept 52mm also accept 60 and the 52s look way too small in there. I still think the WRXTra solution is the most OEM looking. People that do not know anything about the STi assume that they came with the car.
Ok, thanks :tup:
I'm sold on the WRXtra :cool:
Now I just have to decide exactly which brand of gauges to get... and no, I will not spend 250 bucks a piece for Defi's :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts