IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm, bbq

I was just curious if most people out there bought the extended warranty with their STi. I opted not to purchase it when I got mine. This is my first car with a turbo, but I thought with SOA's experience with turbo technology, I didn't think I'd have a problem. I do plan on holding onto my car for quite a few years. Do people think it's generally worth the extra money?

Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
It's like 1200 bucks, I don't think it's a bad price if you need it, but then again, if you plan on modding your car at all, you probably will void it.

But, for my tastes, I never buy extended warranties on anything especially cars.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I went ahead and got the 5/100 bumper to bumper warranty. For $1300 and the $0 deductible and other perks...I like the security. I'll be modding the car as well, but not that hard core.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
5/100? I did not know that combo was available. I know if you opt for 80k miles or greater there is a tubro surcharge. I took the 5/60 cause anything over that was almost double the price. I thought any miles over 60 upped the years too, 6/80 or 6/100. I will have to doube check that.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah, the years might be longer now that you mention it. But there is no turbo surcharge with the coverage I got, I remember seeing that on the form.

I was more interested in just the 5/80 coverage, but it was like $1150 compared to $1350 for the larger package. And that covers everything, $0 deductible, trip interruption insurance, rental car...the whole deal.

I'll get it all right when I check the paperwork tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I know after the guy doing the paper work mentioned about the surcharge I saw it in the brochure, so you must have just got lucky and the guy doing yours did not know about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts