IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, everyone gripes about how cheap the extended arm rest is on the car, myself included. I pop that little clip off about once a week. My question is: has anyone done any custom mod to "shore up" the armrest? Are there any JDM/Aftermarket fixes? I like the height and extra space, but its just so flimsy.

· Registered
6,610 Posts
what is this arm rest you speak of?

· 'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
ender18d said:
OK, everyone gripes about how cheap the extended arm rest is on the car, myself included. I pop that little clip off about once a week.
my clip to close the top compartment is currently floating around somewhere in the car. like yours, it pops off every week (how strange is that) and i haven't found it yet. for anyone who's never had the clip in question fail, when you open the lower compartment and tilt the lid back, the top compartment flips open and dumps everything in it onto the rear floor. it's a dramatic display for something so inane. now that i've got the roll bar behind the seat, i can't even flip the lid forward to mitigate the explosion of stuff inside because it get's hung up on the bar.

nobody knows the trouble i've seen
nobody knows...my sorrow

{{{sing it with me}}}

nobody knows...my sorrow

· 'do right & fear no one"
10,046 Posts
that will do;

hgh hgh hgh-hgh hgh-hgh-hgh-hgh-hghhhh
hgh hgh hgh-hgh ...hgh hgh-hghhhhhhh

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, like Bruce, if you lean on it (I.E. entering or exiting car), the top part pushes sideways and pops the clip off. Its got lots of lateral play in it. I don't know about y'all, but I wish TiC or someone made a "Tighter Armrest Bushing."

Its just one of those relatively minor things that feels "cheap" compared to the rest of the car. No big deal, but I'd love to figure out a way to improve it. I'm considering making/adapting a more sturdy latch... and maybe a rubber gasket or something around the edge to make a tighter, more sturdy fit.

· Registered
709 Posts
BruceChapman said:
nobody knows...my sorrow

{{{sing it with me}}}

nobody knows...my sorrow
:lol: This reminded me of spaceballs, you Sir, have made my day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.