IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as soon as i get my sti im going with the godspeed downpipe and a cat back

i heard the turboxs is good but i dont want it so loud that its annoying how is the sound in the car thats my main concern. any others you guys can say sounds good that isnt to loud

also does the turboxs come with silencer. so i can switch it up

ALSO WHO MAKES A CAT BACK THAT WONT MELT REAR BUMPER????????

·
Registered
133 Posts
STIs too easy?

you can get the TurboXS stealthback exhaust which conisist of just the downpipe, mid pipe, and high flow cat. Thats what i just got. havent put it on yet though. With this setup, you can use your STI muffler section to bolt it up to it and the tone shouldnt be so loud that it is annoying, and you should get some good HP too.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Wouldn't putting a silencer in defeat the purpose of an aftermarket exhaust system? Unless you only care about the benefits on track day or something. I will probably go the stealth back route when the time comes because I do not want anything loud either, since my STi is my daily driver. It's hard to free up the exhaust and not get louder though.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Yeah but loud does not mean it sounds good. I was along side a yellow WRX once in traffic. He kept getting on it, you know, letting the car in front get up a ways and then he would hammer it up to the guy then coast... anyway his car was loud but it sounded like arse IMO. Maybe to him inside the car it sounded good but on the outside it sounded terrible.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Greddy EVO, was tested by turbo magazine and made about 10db less than the other exhausts but only a couple less hp than the loudest ones, theres a link floating around here to the test results..

·
Registered
779 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
Wouldn't putting a silencer in defeat the purpose of an aftermarket exhaust system? Unless you only care about the benefits on track day or something. I will probably go the stealth back route when the time comes because I do not want anything loud either, since my STi is my daily driver. It's hard to free up the exhaust and not get louder though.
It sure does defeat the purpose. I don't run it, I was just simply stating it will quiet things down quite a bit. Might be nice on a long road trip or something though...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Greddy EVO is by FAR the quietest exhaust I have ever heard for the WRX/STi. Great flow too. Full 80mm straight through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts