IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
my invidia downpipe adds good power but does not mate up with the rest of the stock system very well. The 3" Dp to 2.5" midpipe junciton is leaking on me :( Guess I need a full 3" system installed to fix that :D

also I am 99.9% sure that the WRX resistor mod is not needed on the STi (I can confirm tomorrow)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Do you have a sound clip? I would love to hear it.

I noticed some black soot or something on your bumper, you might want to look into that exhaust guard or whatever it is they have on the rally car. Since your STi is silver it would not be as noticable as a black stain.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Ah man.....Hummer we need to meet up here sometime man. I'd love to hear that thing.

And if you don't have a camera/recorder for that sound clip, I'll bring my digicam.....we can take a few vids.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes....sound clip please. I'm dying to hear what a semi-uncorked 2.5 sounds like. I like the high RPM scream now, but I'm thinking the boxer 4 2.5 grumble might be even better.

Scott

·
Registered
759 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
Ah man.....Hummer we need to meet up here sometime man. I'd love to hear that thing.

And if you don't have a camera/recorder for that sound clip, I'll bring my digicam.....we can take a few vids.
Bring it to the lunch!

·
Registered
759 Posts
LoJack

MKIVSupra said:
Do you have a sound clip? I would love to hear it.

I noticed some black soot or something on your bumper, you might want to look into that exhaust guard or whatever it is they have on the rally car. Since your STi is silver it would not be as noticable as a black stain.
Thanks for the heads up. I noticed it after that photo and I cleaned it off but it is doing a little damage. Here is a photo. Any links for exhaust guard?

Sound clips in the near future!

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
Hummer said:
Any links for exhaust guard?!
here's one; right above the "interior" section.

Eeek. That is hideous. Thanks for the info though! I think that I will just try to keep it as clean as possible. I am going to "deep clean" it and re-zaino this weekend. It's not melting.....just a little discolored.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Nope that is the exact one I saw. To me it would depend on how bad it got or if it did not clean of completely. Over time the stains would probably get worse so I would actually rather see that guard than black stains. My 98 Legacy had a sort of guard but it did not extend over the back of the bumper, only coverd right over the exhaust so you could not see it from the back of the car. I first noticed it while detailing the car. Maybe you could make one yourself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You could try a piece of that clear plastic stuff from like Rockblocker, they make it in rolls and measured strips

·
Registered
284 Posts
Are the bolt-on downpipes/exhausts for the WRX usable for the STi? What I mean to ask is would they work...are they the same size/fit?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yes the 2002+ exhausts/downpipes should be fine. Although the piping is made for a WRX which has a smaller engine/less power/smaller turbo/ etc... you might want to wait for actual STI exhausts (bigger/better piping and such). Then again, the wrx's might be just fine, but Im waiting for some R&D before I throw $1200 into a turbo-back system or exhaust combo.

Robert~

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have a full Invidia system. The entire system is rather loud and very deep sounding. The Invidia muffler comes with a silencer insert which quiets the exhaust substantially. It would be excellent on long road trips. I modded the catless DP with a CEL fix. I also had to hack off the upper mount cause the alignment was sooo far off. Anyhow, here are some pics. Notice how far the tip protrudes past the bumper cover, it leaves no exhaust soot...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts