IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to trade my modified exhaust on my 04 subaru STI for a stock one and I heard something about the 04 and 05 exhaust not fitting on the 06. If I was going to trade my HKS carbon-ti (pretty sure its the full system not axel-back) for a stock STI muffler could I trade with someone with an 06 STI?

Also I noticed that some STI mufflers say STI on the end and some dont. Which ones come with STI on them?

· Registered
167 Posts
I'm not sure about stock but the after market exhausts dont' all fit the same like for instance my invidia G200 will not fit an 06 without some modification because it touches the rear diffusers. Otherwise it may be the way the exhaust is angled.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
yeah, I dont think you will have an issue, they all seem to be the same, and havent heard much around here, with people having issues, check out subarupartsforyou.com, they have like the SPT catback and that seems to fit 2004+ years

· I Solve Problems
18,782 Posts
STIdrivr said:
Im trying to trade my modified exhaust on my 04 subaru STI for a stock one and I heard something about the 04 and 05 exhaust not fitting on the 06. If I was going to trade my HKS carbon-ti (pretty sure its the full system not axel-back) for a stock STI muffler could I trade with someone with an 06 STI?

Also I noticed that some STI mufflers say STI on the end and some dont. Which ones come with STI on them?
it will fit on an 06, it just may require some trimming of the diffuser.

the 06 WRX is the one that cant run all downpipes.

but catbacks work with all 02-06 WRX/STis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.