·
Registered
153 Posts
im working on a vid.
06 sti
borlas hush
fully catless
GT spec EL header w/38mvs ewg

ill do idle,slow take off,slow drive by and fast take off w/drive by. anyone want something else,like cruising w/windows up or down?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm running the Blitz nür spec-S and like the spec-R it is very loud to say the least. When the car was fully stock and i removed the stock muffler i tested the sound with no muffler just for the fun of it , it was obviously louder but not a huge difference ...

Then i put on the new Spec-S and started her up ... my face wen't like :eek: it was ALOT louder than running no muffler at al ... my dad came running outside saying " WTF is that! It's frigging 10 times as loud as no muffler " :p

That was on an otherwise completely stock STi ...

It's on the edge of just right and too loud i would say. The only downside is that it tends to resonate in the bodywork arround 3k rpm ( highway cruise rpm :( ) wich means it gets annoying when doing large distances.

Other than that i still like it very much and it's a great quality piece. After some time i added a catless invidia DP wich made things a bit louder and added extra NVH but the muffler is by far the one piece that upped the NVH by a large margin.

I have a tiny vid online but no drive-by stuff. The video doesn't do much justice to how it sounds in real life but you get the idea. I might make a decent video in the future to show how it actually sounds like inside and out.

Video was made when the car was fully stock ( other than the muffler ofcourse )

The spec-S is basically the same as the spec-R but it consist of only the muffler ( no midpipe ) and it flares down to a 2.5" flange instead of 3" but the piping is still 3". I doubt the Spec-S has a large difference in sound compared tot the spec-R especially when running an open DP.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'm thinking about the Invidia G200 CBE. It's pretty close to stock as far as loudness goes right? I don't want a loud exhaust. But I want to hear the rumble more. Nor do I want a whole lot more cabin noise.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I put on an SPT exhaust with a cutout(making it a full 3" exhaust) and love it! Really loud when it's open but can close it up with the push of a button around the fuzz:busted: Also has a digital controller so I can adjust the loudness to how I like. I found it as the best solution when I was getting too many tickets for my melon launcher(got an exhaust ticket when the car wasn't even running because of the huge tip)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here's a vid of my car with an SPT catback, super quiet. with a digital cutout... video from inside just doesn't do it justice, I'll try and get a better one up but you can get the idea. I made an additional 5whp/19 wtq with it open on stock turbo at EFI logics

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a stock exhaust on my 05 sti atm, and am new to the owners club!
I'm not looking for an intense amount of sound, but a goood performance upgrade none the less..
What are the best brands to check out for the best quality performance with mid to low noise factor?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Here's a vid of my car with an SPT catback, super quiet. with a digital cutout... video from inside just doesn't do it justice, I'll try and get a better one up but you can get the idea. I made an additional 5whp/19 wtq with it open on stock turbo at EFI logics
Damn that digital cutout is some cool stuff.
:tup:

While on the subject i'm looking into getting a prodrive exhaust (turbo-back with race-cat) should be a bit more quiet than the Blitz and at the same time get me trough the local inspections wich are notoriously rigorous... seller has yet to get back to me but his price was 400$ not bad for a stainless exhaust made by prodrive. These exhaust come as standard on a PPP subaru ( subie's with prodrive performance package )

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Interesting. What kind of cut out is that? I might go with route instead. Stock cbe with cutout.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts