IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
It was the TurboXS RFL-Ti. Which is towards the top of the chart.
Holy crap I'm a tard. I completely brain farted and didn't even look at the top of the list to see the TurboXS RFL-Ti. My bad dude. :p

Whats nice is you could do the 3" core muffler with the resonator and if its not loud enough you can just swap out the resonator with the straight pipe included with it. I have a straight pipe that came with the muffler and was going to swap it out to hear the difference. :eek:
I agree that their systems do seem pretty B.A. It seems to me like it's a matter of "well, this is kinda loud but we have ways to make it louder for ya if you want. you just undo this here clamp and remove this piece, install this other piece and bam! instant loudness". In all reality though, I was going to go with the full 3" piece simply b/c 3" is better and flows optimally for our cars. As for swaping it out, I thought that the straight pipe piece was for the muffler delete? I definitely thought about it though and if it wasn't loud enough for me, I could easily swap out the muffler for the delete piece. It wouldn't be completely straight piped but removing one of 2 resonators in line will definitely open it up more. :tup:
I was kinda curious if you knew if they could do custom sized tips or not? A 3" tip just doesn't really seem to be big enough for what I desire. Maybe a 4" or a 5" would work but I'm curious if they can do it or not. I'm also curious if the flange that mates to the downpipe is flared or not? You know, starts as 2.5" and transitions to 3"? I would prefer it to be a full 3" all the way. I know right now I'm not running anything besides stock but in the future I will be and whether or not that particular piece can be definitively determined to have an effect on performance or not, I still want my exhaust to be a full 3" all the way. Do you know if theirs is flared or not or if they can make a full 3" piece if it is? :confused:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Holy crap I'm a tard. I completely brain farted and didn't even look at the top of the list to see the TurboXS RFL-Ti. My bad dude. :p

I agree that their systems do seem pretty B.A. It seems to me like it's a matter of "well, this is kinda loud but we have ways to make it louder for ya if you want. you just undo this here clamp and remove this piece, install this other piece and bam! instant loudness". In all reality though, I was going to go with the full 3" piece simply b/c 3" is better and flows optimally for our cars. As for swaping it out, I thought that the straight pipe piece was for the muffler delete? I definitely thought about it though and if it wasn't loud enough for me, I could easily swap out the muffler for the delete piece. It wouldn't be completely straight piped but removing one of 2 resonators in line will definitely open it up more. :tup:
I was kinda curious if you knew if they could do custom sized tips or not? A 3" tip just doesn't really seem to be big enough for what I desire. Maybe a 4" or a 5" would work but I'm curious if they can do it or not. I'm also curious if the flange that mates to the downpipe is flared or not? You know, starts as 2.5" and transitions to 3"? I would prefer it to be a full 3" all the way. I know right now I'm not running anything besides stock but in the future I will be and whether or not that particular piece can be definitively determined to have an effect on performance or not, I still want my exhaust to be a full 3" all the way. Do you know if theirs is flared or not or if they can make a full 3" piece if it is? :confused:

The piping is a full 3". Then specify that you want a 3" or 2.5" core muffler or resonator.

·
Registered
153 Posts
im trying to figure out which is less loud. borla hush w/EL header or w/UEL header? full catless. could someone post a vid. all the yoututbe vids are with stock headers.

141 - 160 of 189 Posts