IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
What about a flowmaster? I have found one that I might try on my 08 STI.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is Maddad Whisper REALLY the quietest 3" setup out there??

Really need to know!!!

I've tried Zerosports and its just not as quiet as i thought it would be... (running a HFC too)
and if I do purchase another catback, I want to make sure its absolutely the quietest system i can get.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is Maddad Whisper REALLY the quietest 3" setup out there??

Really need to know!!!

I've tried Zerosports and its just not as quiet as i thought it would be... (running a HFC too)
and if I do purchase another catback, I want to make sure its absolutely the quietest system i can get.....
I run a Helix catted DP with the Maddad Whisper and the sound is the sole reason I drive the car sometimes. In some situations, the Whisper is actually quieter than the stock CB. If you're crusing along, giving it just enough throttle to maintain your current speed it is VERY quiet. WOT it is considerably louder in comparison to cruising, but never raspy or obnoxious. And zero drone. Great CB exhaust in my opinion if your not trying to wake up the neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Why not just take your muffler off? Then when you get pulled over just tell the cop that someone stole it the night before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the TurboXS TBE RFL-Ti on my STi..is the Invidia N1 race louder or around the same? What about the APS 3.5? Anyone heard these in person?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Can you even get the Fujitsubo Power Getter for th STi? because on their website u cant...?
Yeah there are a few here and also over on nasioc that have it. Search on here for it and you'll find one guys review of it with videos. I know ravspec sells them.

If anyone is looking for a non-big can style look into the Tanabe Medalion Touring setup. I just replaced the Cobb CBE on mine with it. So I'm running Cobb catted dp with the Tanabe cbe. You can definitely tell it's there when accelrating or obviously at WOT, but cruising it's uber quiet. Overall it's quieter than the Cobb setup, which is what I wanted. The tip and the muffler are still big, but won't draw as much attention as a can will, if that's something you're worried about.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am looking for an exhaust that is about in the middle but i was looking to be a bit different. Does anyone have the resonated P&L exhaust. I have a feeling that it is on the same loudness level as the perrin sport. Any input would be nice

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
what diameter of straight pipe (top of list) was tested? i assume this was also catless....
It may be impossible to know at this point.

The best assumption, IMO, would be 3" catless.

61 - 80 of 188 Posts